Monday, November 30, 2015

It is so cold for running!

Here is this week continued.

Tuesday was a long tiring day.  I was in a crummy mood by the end of it.  I had major PMS.  Since I didn't have to get the kids up for school and day care kids were not coming until 8:30, I was going to swim at 7 AM.  By 9 PM I threw that plan out the window and decided to take the day off. I was really glad I did because I did not feel the greatest Wednesday morning (mostly due to PMS).  I had another pounding sinus head ache for the second day in a row.

On Thursday (Thanksgiving Day) Derek and I ran in the Keizer Turkey Dash and he rocked it!  He got 35:56 which I thought was great.  11 1/2 minute mile pace.  Last year he got 45 minutes...although he was sick and walked practically the whole thing.  He loved it and said he wants to keep going with running an do another race. I think we will shoot for running 1-2 times a week and maybe do a 5K this winter depending on the weather.  It is going to be a little more challenging to squeeze that in with basketball starting up.

On Friday I did a 6 mile run and my pace through most of it was at 9 minutes or under.  I ran through the Sumpter neighborhood into Josh and Stephanie's neighborhood and back home.  I really like knowing where all these hidden sidewalks are because it keeps me from having to run on busy roads like Kuebler.

Yesterday I did my first brick workout in a long time.  I swam about 1/2 mile and then went to Ride.  It was a good workout.

On Sunday (it is now Monday) I did a quick 3 mile run in the afternoon maintaining an under 9 minute pace again.

This morning Tracy and I ran about 4 miles.  It was SO cold.  I have run in that cold of temps in a long time.  It was hard to breathe.  I am glad I squeezed a workout in because today is full.  This whole week basically is.  My IT band is starting to hurt again.  I had no pain during the run except very slightly at the very end.  I have felt it all morning.  It is probably good I am not running again until the weekend.  I have the rest of the week to cross train and then hopefully do a 6-7 mile run this weekend.  I stretched this morning and will do so again this afternoon.

I have been craving candy and chocolate again.  I am going to once again try to count calories, but we'll see if I actually stick with it.

I am a little congested.  Some of us have colds.  I rubbed coconut oil with a few drop of lavender and eucalyptus last night and it helped me sleep.  It was really soothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment