Monday, April 18, 2011

Awesome 3000 Week #6

As of Saturday we'll be two weeks away from the race! And I registered Hailey and Derek TODAY! Yay!

Sunday - Hailey was very active at her friends house all day - running around, jumping on the trampoline etc.

Monday - Hailey ran and walked 18 minutes

What a great evening! I decided rather than running the 6 minutes and walking the 30 seconds three times, it made more sense to run/walk 18 minutes. Technically it was more like around 20 minutes. We ran through the woods at Woodmansee Park, across the little creek, and through the park. We ran on trail, parking lot, and sidewalk. It was so fun! Hailey did so well even on some of the steeper hills. I told her not to run in the tall grass, but she didn't listen to me. She tripped over a sprinkler head. It could have been a bad injury, but thankfully was only a minor scrape. We parked the car at her school. When we got back, she said she had so much fun. I was really happy to hear that. She has come SO FAR in her running. She ran for almost four minutes non-stop at the beginning. A few months ago she could barely make one minute. She was always complaining how tired she is. Now she just takes off and flies. It's amazing. It makes me love running even more. I am so glad I can share it with her.

The timing thing is getting a little more tricky since our runs are getting longer. I can't take Derek anymore and I can't push Kara on trail. So far I am doing my own exercise in the early mornings and exercising with Hailey right after supper. It's working for now, but we might have to run during naps and stick to the parking lot a few times. Hailey hates running laps and I don't blame her. I hate them too. We might be able to figure something else out if we need to.

Tuesday - Cross training - swim 30 minutes

Hailey had regular swimming lessons and worked on front crawl and back stroke.

Wednesday - Ran and walked for 18 minutes

We ran at Sumpter Park. Hailey had a little harder time today--not nearly as motivated and wanted to walk much sooner. She responded well to my encouragements though. She did really well the last six or so minutes. We talked about some days are harder than others. There are days we just don't feel like running. There are days we try to run and it's tougher. Other days we feel like we could run forever. The key is to stick with it. It was really nice to be outside. I am surprised how busy that park is--two Little Leaugue games and one soccer practice. We've always been there when there is no one there. I usually run through it when it's dead. Hailey seems to enjoy running in the park versus out on the street.

Thursday - Cross training - Hailey played outside and worked in the garden for a few hours

Hailey did not swimming because she went to the service project at Woodmansee Park with her school instead. She worked outside most of the afternoon and then she helped Rob in the garden later in the early evening. We're going to count that at cross training. :) We'll run again tomorrow.

Friday - Hailey ran/walked for 20 minutes

We ran and walked the square from Hrubetz to Nina to Boone to Liberty. At first Hailey did not want to run. She wanted to watch TV. We had a really busy day with the Good Friday service and other stuff going on. I was not sure she was going to have any downtime, but we had to get the run in. A few minutes into it she dropped the attitude and did really well.

Saturday - Hailey ran/walked for 20 minutes

We ran at the new park - Bryan Johnston Park. It is so hilly that I was not sure how Hailey would do. The hills are long and drawn out. She did good. We probably had to stop a little more than usual, but I kind of figured that would be the case with the hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment