Sunday, April 10, 2011

Awesome 3000 Training Week #5

Sunday - Hailey was active playing at church and at home

No major workout today. Sundays are a long running day for me, but a nice break for Hailey.

Monday - Hailey's rest day.

Tuesday - Hailey swam for 30 minutes at swimming lessons. Hailey ran 5 minutes, walked one minute, ran 5 minute.

We were really pressed for time so we just ran up Hrubetz and along Liberty. Unforunately Hailey got really excited and wanted to take off. She tripped on the sidewalk and fell. No major injuries (just a scraped knee and her hands hurt). She said she wanted to go home. But I encouraged her to take a quick rest and complete the workout. And she did! She did great. She ran most of the whole workout and walked and very little. She is doing really well! She is mostly running on her own now...doesn't need to hold my hand much at all.

Wednesday - Hailey did hills - up and down the Hrubetz Road hill three times

She did great. I actually stood at the bottom hill with Derek and Kara while she did the workout. The guy across the street and the middle school kids walking probably wondered what the heck we were doing. Hailey did great! Glad we got the run in between rainstorms because it started hailing about 15 minutes after we were done. I AM SICK OF THE RAIN!!!

Thursday - Cross training - Hailey swam 30 minutes.

Hailey had swimming and worked on front crawl with the kickboard and back float. It was the first time in awhile I was there without Derek and Kara so I enjoyed sitting by myself paging through a book during her lesson. :)

Friday - Rest

We're going to switch the workouts around because the weather was just awful today. I didn't want to take Hailey running in the pouring rain.

Saturday - Hailey ran and walked 3/4 of mile. Derek ran and walked 1/2 mile

Hailey and Derek walked home with me from Easter for Kids. Hailey ran most of the way. It got a little tricky because there's no way Derek could keep up. I had Kara in the stroller. Hailey had to stop and wait for us at every single intersection because I didn't want her cross the street alone. So it was a little more chaotic, but she did great. Especially considering a few months ago she complained the whole way walking home from school how tired she was. And now she ran most of it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment