Tuesday, April 5, 2011

April 4 - 10

Monday - Rest

Not the way to start off the week, but I was having major dizziness and weakness in the morning. Not huge anxiety, but felt really frazzled and "off" in the morning. I drank a bunch of water and that helped. I was afraid to go running because I did not want to pass out. I think it was just the "not drinking enough water" because I was fine the rest of the day.

Tuesday - Ran 2 miles

Finally got out earlier in the morning and accomplished some running. I did my regular 2 mile route. Aside from some shoe lace issues (I need new shoes!) it went well. I did not feel dehydrated or winded. I felt pretty good most of the run. I want to keep running in the mornings now that is light out. It's hard for me to get out of bed, but it's the time for me schedule wise.

Wednesday - Fitness 360 Cardio

I did Fitness 360 Cardio at 6:45 AM this morning. It went fine, but I am sore because I have not stretched in awhile. It was a great way to start my day! I liked getting it done in the morning.

Thursday - Ran 2 miles

I did the other 2 mile route that goes by the park and Hailey's school. I got out the door around 6:45 AM again. It was tough. I could not believe how hard it was to just run two miles. I think it is due to inconsistency with training. My body needs to get into a regular routine. But I felt better once I completed it and I am loving get it all done in the morning. It gives me more energy to get some of the morning cleaning done and get less "short" with the kids in the morning. So I hope I can continue it. It helps SO much that Rob is getting up at 6:30 too to do his devotions, check e-mail etc. before the kids get up. It just seems to help when we're both on the same schedule.

Friday - Hills - ran approximately 2 miles

Tough run. I ran on the hills behind Roths. I had to stop and walk for 10-15 seconds after I got up the Cunningham hill. Yuck. I felt winded, exhausted, and crummy. I think it was because I had my cup of coffee before I ran. Normally I have it after, but I ran at 9 AM. Rob is home on Fridays so I have a little more freedom in terms of getting out and running when I want to. I think I was dealing with some dehydration because I did not feel good. Oh well. I tackled most of the hills, but I am ready to increase my mileage and want to feel stronger.

My weight is slightly higher (by like 2-3 pounds) compared to when I was doing the marathon. It honestly is not worth paying $60.00 to do Weight Watchers again if I only want to lose 10 pounds or less. And I am not overweight. It's such a good program, but I hate being a slave to the points. I am going to work on afternoon snacking because this where I cave. I am going to try to eat fresh fruit or carrots and peanut butter versus the other junk I was eating. Or try those low fat yogurts. I am also going to try to limit the evening snacks as well. We'll see if that makes any kind of difference.

Saturday - Rest

Today is my rest day. I did better on the snacking too!

Sunday - Ran 3 miles

I love the Sumpter neighborhood. There are runners and walkers everywhere and everyone is so friendly. Running by Sumpter school and seeing the trees in their springy flowers reminded me of the last time I was running that street - the colored leaves were started to turn brown and fall. I was only weeks away from my running my second marathon.

The run went great. I think I like running Sunday afternoons because I know I don't have much to do on Sundays--I don't study, don't write articles, and don't clean. It's just take care of the kids and go to church. My mind is more relaxed. I was so driven to go outside and run this afternoon. Some Sundays are crazier especially when there's meetings, special events, or the kids are crazy. But not the case today. It was not rainy (not overly sunny but at least not rainy)and in the low
50's.

I'm going to register for the 5K in Lebanon this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment