Monday, April 18, 2011

April 18-24

Monday - Fitness 360

I was a little sore from yesterday's run so the first five minutes hurt. I am still not used to working out at 6:40 AM, but my body is adjusting. It helps SO much that Rob gets up too.

Tuesday - Rest

My shins hurt and I felt sore. I worked out like six days in a row and needed a break. Trying to buy running shoes on eBay, but snagging any good deals. I love my New Balance shoes and I got them for less than $30.00, but they need to be replaced soon.

Wednesday - Ran 2 Miles - Timed Run - Mile #1 - 8:45 Mile #2 - 17:10

I did the two mile run the opposite way. I think Mile #2 (which was Mile #1) is slightly longer. It always feels longer. The fact I got 8:45 makes me think it is. Especially since I finished at 17:10. I was expecting more like 18:00. I pushed myself pretty hard. It helps the weather is so nice finally.

Thursday - Fitness 360

Really felt it in my abs this morning. They are sore. It felt great to workout in the morning again. It is getting easier to get out of bed before 7. My mental state is so much stronger now. I feel like I am getting back to my old self. The kids also seems to be a little less crazy and getting outside helps!

Friday - Hills - Ran 2 miles

I did the hills behind Roths again and looped around to Sunnyslope Park and finished on Skyline. That first hill on Cunningham is so tough--it gets me everytime. It's not steep, just very long and drawn out. I did not have to walk this time though once I got up it. I did not have to walk at all. The hill training is really good endurance for me. I need to stick with it. Tomorrow I am doing a 5k! Yay!

Saturday - Run the Ridge 5k in Lebanon 25:13

I took 1st!! As the women's overall and in my age group. At first I was unsure about the course because it was very hilly. The first mile was very steep hills up and down. I was thankful for the hills training the last few weeks because I think it helped tremendously. I felt strong on the hills and was able to run the whole way. I almost beat my PR from 2004. I think it was around 24:58 or something like that. It was a GREAT run. I had so much fun. Thankful for a beautiful day to do it as well.

Sunday - Rest

Probably could have run today, but we were quite busy with Easter stuff going on.

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow - that is awesome, Amy! Is that nearly an 8:00 mile? thats amazing - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My time was 25:13, but my PR is around 24:58. My PR was from the Fruitport 5k and they did not have a racing company put host the event...so times were not archived so I don't konw the actual time. I know it was just under 25. Yes, it's about 8 minute miles. I kept this pace up for a marathon, I could qualify for Boston. :) Not sure if I could do that. I am hoping to do a 10K at the end of June and will see what my pace is for that. Hope your new exercise routine is going well. You'll have to let me know what videos you like. I've been experimenting with a few from Comcast On Demand Exercise TV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Amy!!!! I wish I would have had more time to chat with you about your race Sunday but we had some busy little ones. :) Love keeping up on your running. I actually started waking and take on of the 3 girls each time. It is amazing how much they want to go for some 1 on 1 time and we get some good exercise in. Thanks for inspiring me to get out and walk (hopefully run soon) with the kids. You rock!!!

    ReplyDelete