Monday, April 11, 2011

April 11 - 18

Monday - Fitness 360

It may take the alarm going off twice and using the snooze once, but I got out of bed at 6:40 AM. I was able to complete the workout. It felt really good. I do miss my classes at the gym, but I am seeing the benefit to working out in my own family room.

Tuesday - Rest

I overslept (Rob did too) and I could not run at any other time today because of my crazy schedule. Lazy. Oh well. I did register for Run for the Ridge in Lebanon so I will be doing a 5k a week from Saturday. I want to get 3-4 good runs in this week.

Wednesday - Ran 2 miles

I ran at 6:45 and did my normal route going by Wendy Kroger Park. Kind of cold and yuck cold rain. I think training for any long distance race in the winter/spring in Oregon would totally stink. I came home cold and wet. I am still getting used to running in the morning. My body does not quite feel as strong and I get side aches. But I was able to complete it at a decent pace.

Thursday - Ran 2 miles

I did not want to run today because it was so ridiculously cold for end of April and rainy too. But I made myself get out at 6:45 AM. I knew there was no other time today I could do it. I still have to run with Hailey later today. I did my route that takes Lone Oak to Browning and it went fine. I was feeling really good. Running on Liberty was brutal as the wind was so strong and I had rain hitting my face so hard--it hurt. Not quite hail, but we've had sleet and hail over the last few days so I wondered if it would turn to that. I was happy I completed it, but I am looking forward to running in more pleasant conditions soon.

Friday - Hills Ran 2 miles

Ugh! Bad, bad weather. My socks were soaked by the end of it. I did the hills behind Roths again and went a little further. I had to walk about 1/4 of one of the hills...about 15 seconds or so. But I ran the rest. It was tough. I was cold, rained on, and not in the mood at all to run. But I am glad I completed it. Nice weather is supposedly on the way, but I am not holding my breath.

Saturday - Incredible Abs

I did 20 minutes of Incredible Abs on Exercise TV. It was not really what I expected. It wasn't terrible, but I didn't like it as much as other exercise programs. I also walked about a mile and a half with the stroller picking Hailey and Derek up for the Easter event at Hailey's school.

Sunday - Ran 4 miles

Finally good weather. I ran the Sumpter Park route and can't remember the last time I ran this route. Good to have my mileage getting up again. I felt a little lagging and tired the first mile, but by Mile #2 I felt great.

No comments:

Post a Comment