Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Still sick...

I didn't run all weekend because I had a massive organizing project upstairs and in the attic I had to complete.  We have a guest staying up there this week and it really just needed to be done...long overdue.  So I made that my priority.  I really glad I got it done before Sunday.  Around Sunday night around 10 PM my stomach started to hurt...I really didn't think much of it. I felt fine all day and had a totally normal appetite.     By 2 AM I was throwing up.  I was up every 1-2 hours.  By noon my stomach did not hurt as much anymore, but my head did.  Horrible sinus head ache.  I have a pretty good pain tolerance, but I was crying it hurt so bad. My whole body was achy.  I managed to keep some Advil down (barely)  and slept hard for two solid hours straight.  When I woke up around 5 PM I felt significantly better...just weak because I didn't eat all day...just drank Gatorade and 7 Up.  Today I feel much, much better.  I either had food poisoning or it was the tail end of a sinus infection.  It was not an intestinal bug at all...totally in my stomach.  I don't think I had a fever either.  Ready to be healthy!!

I decided I am going to do a triathlon a little later in the summer.  That will give me some more time.  That way I can get more outside biking in before the actual tri.  These next few weeks I am really going to focus on running (and swim/bike for cross training) and get up to 7-8 miles by the second week of March.  It's not been a fun last couple of weeks.  I have not dealt with this much illness in a couple years.  I know there is lots of sinus stuff going around this winter.  We did not have a good freeze this year and fall allergies were at an all time high.

No comments:

Post a Comment