Monday, February 18, 2013

15K and Sprint Tri Training Week #7

Monday:  Ran 2 miles and lots of cleaning

Rob and I got a new mattress and memory foam pillows...slept SO good.  Did not want to get up especially Hailey doesn't have school today.  But I knew I would feel good once I ran.  I did my regular 2 mile route and it was fine.  Still getting back into the groove of exercising again, but feels great to be out there.  We've had wonderful sunny weather lately!  Enjoying it!

My sinus cold and stomach bug are pretty much gone.  I feel back to normal.  Except the last two evenings (Sunday night and tonight) my skin flared up and I broke out in hives.  I only documenting this here unless I need to call a doctor.  They always ask when it happened and I don't remember unless I write it down.  Last night I felt it coming on when I was in the nursery during the evening service (around 6).  I felt my lips getting swollen and I started breaking out all over my hips, then face, ears etc. I put some of Rob's anti-inflammatory cream on it and took two Benadryl.  Woke this morning and it was all gone.  Today it started around 4 PM and started on my hands.  It is so uncomfortable when your hands itch!  Then it spread to my legs, hips, face, and ears, around my eyes, back etc.  I am just rash girl again tonight.

I am a little bit of a hypochondriac or webochondriac.  Rob gets really annoyed when I "Wed MD" everything and worry I have some terrible disease.  After google imaging it, it looks exactly like hives.  It could be my immune system is in overdrive and recovering...or I am allergic to something.  Or as someone else said it could be a reaction to stress.  But I'm really not that stressed out right now.  Crazy...I am not going to call Dr. V unless this continues for a week or so.  I heard a few other people mention hives break outs after they have been sick.

Tuesday:  Ran 4 miles

Ran during Rob's lunch and it was nice and sunny out.  Not my best run, but was doable and not too bad.  My ankle is not hurting as much either.  Nice to run outside.  My friend Jeanelle said her daughter dealt with the hives after being sick for a week to 10 days and all her symptoms are the same as fine.  My doctor friend Aletha said not to call Dr. V yet.  Just to take Claritin or Benadryl and it's most likely the result of a virus.  My skin is still so prickly but I have not broken out yet today.  Will probably happen tonight.  I feel like Teen Wolf.

Wednesday - Rest

And the hives are gone!  Still have mild allergic reaction...but the Claritin worked.

Thursday - Swam 25 minutes

I wanted to do Power as well, but didn't want to push it.  Still adjusting to exercising in the mornings again. It was hard to get up. I got on the scale and was shocked how much weight I lost...mostly from being sick.  I  have been eating pretty healthy the past week.  I swam mostly freestyle the whole time and it felt good to be back in the pool again.  I shared a lane with a really good swimmer...the pool was packed!  Thankfully I didn't run into her. Good workout.

Friday - Bike 31 minutes, Swam 16 minutes

Still having a hard time getting up in the morning, but we had an easier Friday than normal.  So it was doable to go to the gym around 10 AM.  I did Level 3 on the interval track on the bike and it was a good workout. The pool was packed as usual for a Friday morning, but I ended up sharing a lane with another swimmer.  That was fine.  We didn't run into one another.  It's good practice for swimming with other people which I will have to do in a triathlon.  The weather here turned from nice to nasty as it usually does this time of year so grateful for a gym membership.  Not having any hives breakouts and haven't taken Claritin for 36 hours.  No cold or stomach ache symptoms either.  I feel more energertic...got a lot done yesterday and was more motivated to do games and puzzles with the kids.

Saturday - Swam 15 minutes & Group Ride (50 minutes)

Was motivated enough to get out of bed at 7 AM on a Saturday.  :)  I knew if I did not go to the gym there was no way I could go at any other time with the schedule we had.  The pool was dead and I got a lane right away.  Swimming went fine.  I worked up arms and rotation a good part of the time.  I was surprised I saw people getting bikes for Group Ride already at 7:40 (it doesn't start until 8!) that I kind of questioned if I needed to get out of the pool early.  I went upstairs to Ride at 7:55 and it was really packed, but there were a few bikes left.  I had to go to the very front, but I don't mind that.  I really like to be able to see and hear the instructor...not the back of someone (I'm pretty short!).  It was a sub as the regular Saturday girl was running a marathon.  The sub was awesome!  She really made it interactive and fun.  I have not been to Ride in several weeks so it was very tough.  If we had been on real bikes, I probably would have been dead last.  I was glad I got out there and went.  The instructor had just home from Indonesia so I stayed and talked to her about Indonesia afterwards.  She's also running Shamrock in a couple weeks.  And it was a really busy Saturday and I was ready to crash by the end of it.  I did get a 15-20 minutes snooze in the afternoon.

Sunday - Ran 6 miles

I did a brand new route I've never done before.  I ran in the Candalaria/Salem Heights neighborhoods so I could do some hills.  I hate the first Cunningham hill.  I always feel like I am going to keel over and it's not very steep.  It's just right away before I have really warmed up.  The hills were hard and I took a few tiny walk breaks, but not many.  I would do the route again and try it on my bike.  It was nice to run on back roads and not deal with traffic lights.  The hills were pretty manageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment