Friday, February 15, 2013

February 15 - 17

Friday - Ran 3 miles

Yay!  Amy can exercise again.  It's about flippin' time.  My glands and lymph nodes are still a little swollen. Body is not quite back to normal--but I can run!  It was a really good run.  It is 60 degrees here and sunny.  That was very motivating. It was great to run in shorts and a t-shirt.  My body felt like it had not exercised in several weeks, but it honestly did not feel terribly hard to run.

Saturday - Ran 4 miles

I feel like this blog is turning to a health & wellness blog.  I felt a lot better in the morning.  I noticed rashes on my hips and areas of my skin were inflamed.  It looked like poison ivy or mosquito bites...which I have not had any exposure to.  It was worse right around my eyes, my neck, my hips, and knees.  Rob gave me his strong skin cream he has used.  I took Benadryl.  Both helped, but Benadryl makes me woozy and tired.  I pushed myself to go the gym around 6:30 PM even though I was practically asleep on the couch.  I did a little over four miles on the treadmill maintaining about a 9:30 pace.  Was a really good run.  Felt great afterwards.  But was falling asleep again by 9:45.  Took more Benadryl and slept great.  But kind of dragging and tired today.  Most of the inflammation is gone except I still feel itchy around the eyes.

Sunday - Rest

I could have ran today, but I want to run both Monday & Tuesday.  I think all the running that many days in the row would be too much.  My legs are really sore today.  The times I have gotten injuries are when I do too much too soon.  Over the years I have been able to figure out what my body can handle.  At least I am running again and feeling much more decent.  Aside from a little skin inflammation and my anxiety has been a little higher (I'm behind on a lot of things having been sick).  Praying for a healthy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment