Wednesday, November 28, 2012

November 26 - December 2

Monday - Ran approximately 3 miles

We were dorks and forgot to set alarms.  I woke up to it being light and the first thought in my mind was, "How late did we sleep in?"  Thankfully it was only 7:18. I couldn't run until noon when Rob took lunch.  It was sunny out and really beautiful.  I really wanted to run through the woods.  So I ran to Woodmansee Park and ran on the trails.  Good run except I feel like I took too much time off.  Dragged at times and getting up the Idylwood hill was hard.  I walked about one minute just to catch my breath.

Tuesday - Ran 2 miles

Again had a hard time getting up and not out the door until close to 6:45 AM.  Not enough time to do a long run.  But did 2 miles at a fast pace.  It felt great to run fast and I felt better than yesterday.  I ran the 2 mile square to Browning.  No rain--just a little cooler in the mornings.  Supposed to rain later in the week.

Wednesday - Swam 14 minutes, Bike 29 minutes

Again got a late start.  Did not leave the house until 6 AM.  I managed to get the workout in--just later coming home than I would have liked.  Swimming went fine.  I did about eight laps.  I have the endurance now--just want to work on speed.  I don't swim very fast, but I am getting there.  I did freestyle the whole time with hardly any breaks in between laps.  I hate the stationary bike except I seem to like it more in Group Ride class.  I would much rather bike outside.  James and Sheryl are coming over on Sunday after church and he is going to give me a crash course on fixing tires and patching holes.  I need to learn it!  I also have to run with Hailey at least twice this week and that is trickier to schedule.  I wish Derek could run with us, but he'd never be able to keep up.  I could easily push Kara in her push cart thing.  But poor Derek would be left behind.

Thursday - Group Power & Swam 29 minutes

It's a few days later and trying to remember last week.  We had youth group Wednesday night and it's hard to get up Thursday morning when there's youth group the night before.  But I did it and made it to Group Power.  I felt so zombie like the first few tracks, but finally felt like I was waking up.  Swimming afterwards went really good.  I mostly did freestyle but did a few laps of breaststroke and backstroke with the kickboard.

Friday - Group Ride & Swam 19 minutes

It was great to get to Group Ride.  Hailey's PE teacher is taking over this class so I said I would start coming once or twice a week.  It is kind of nice when you know the instructor.  I am liking this class more as I am getting used to it.  Swimming went really good again.  I did freestyle almost the whole time.

Saturday - Ran 5 miles

Such a good run!  Perfect weather!  Great temperature and no rain.  I rain through the Sumpter neighorbood.  So nice to do it first thing in the morning.  It wouldn't have happened otherwise.  We had such a busy day!  I didn't get around to running with Hailey unfortunately.

Sunday - Rest

I had hoped to run with Hailey but it was pouring rain.  I can handle it running it but didn't want to subject her to it.  It has been clear in the mornings and starts raining in the afternoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment