Monday, December 3, 2012

December 3-9, 2012

Monday - Ran 3 miles

I did the same run I did last Monday almost at the exact same time.  Running has gone so well lately. I feel great!  Today I stopped a few times and took photos for the December photo project.  I love running in the woods on the trails.  I didn't want to run in the morning--way too dark.  I knew Rob's schedule wasn't that crazy today and I could squeeze it in during the lunch hour.

Tuesday - Ran 2 miles

Did the same again I did on Tuesday and got out the door around 6:45 AM.  Went to bed earlier and slept so good.  It's just been a busy week and I feel like I want to crash by the end of it.  I feel behind on everything...when I really know it's just being anxious about upcoming deadlines. Hailey ran around the church parking lot...we just couldn't get out and do a regular run because Rob has had way too much in the evenings lately...and it's so dark.  She ran really well and is way more confident.  We are going to try 2 miles run/walk tomorrow.  She's nervous, but I know she can do it.

Wednesday - Swam 14 minutes, Biked 29

Got too late of a start again.  What is it with Wednesdays??? But got the whole workout in.  I am now liking Group Ride better than riding the stationary bike solo.  Group Ride is a better workout and more motivating.

Thursday - Group Power & swam 14 minutes

Power was awesome.  Felt great.  Tricep workouts are still painful.  I have to take a lot of breaks and my wrists are killing by the end of it.  Rob said I should do diamond push ups like they do in karate.  Not crazy about that option, but it's not a bad one.  Swimming is still going great.

Friday - Rest

Good rest day!

Saturday - Group Ride & Swam 14 minutes

Group Ride was packed.  Almost didn't get a bike.  I love the Saturday instructor--Sarah.  She also subs for early morning Group Power.  She explains things and is so motivating.  Swimming went good again.  Pool was busy but got a lane right away.

Sunday - Ran 2 miles with Hailey and 6 miles by myself

Hailey and I ran the 2 mile square I usually do.  I wasn't watching the clock that closely, but Rob thinks it took us about 25 minutes...maybe closer to 30.  She did really well--complained very little.  It was colder out too.  She took short little walking breaks.  After she got back home, I ran 6 miles.  The 2 miles with Hailey was the perfect warm-up.  I struggled on some of the hills on Mildred.  I feel really in shape right now, but not great at hills.  I need more hill practice because Alyssa says the Shamrock course is hilly.  Thankfully the weather was absolutely perfect.

Next week I am going to try to give up sugar totally.  I need to do it for a week.  I tried last week and I made it until Monday night.  That's it.  Rob brought home Krispy Kreme doughnuts and the thought of eating one makes my stomach turn. So that's a good thing.  I ate those all the time when we lived in GR.  Chocolate is my downfall. If we have chocolate in the house, I eat it.  That is the wonderful Mensink genetics--we love chocolate.  I need to cut back because I am gaining a little weight again like I did last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment