Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Seattle Rock and Roll Week #15

Monday - Ran 5 miles

Came from Camp Tadmor by lunchtime.  I thought I would need to crash all afternoon on the couch.  After eating lunch and resting for a half hour or so, I helped Rob in the garden.  Then I ran five miles afterwards.  It was good run.  I felt pretty good.  I have needed the break from My Fitness Pal because I was beginning to feel so tied down again.  I am going to start up again June 1st.

I have realized I am not been dealing with a lot of fatigue, but more procrastination and unmotivation.  Procrastination goes with anxiety.  I don't want to start projects because I am afraid of the outcome.  I fear the work is going to be hard so I settle for not doing it.  The lack of sun and rainy weather last week was hard.  I felt a significant loss of energy.  Making a detailed schedule for the week did help.  I tried to do that last fall, but it didn't really work.  I want to try again.  Especially when Hailey is done with school.  I don't want us sitting around the house all getting on one another nerves.  Having some kind of plan helps with the anxiety about the unknown.

Tuesday - Ran 5 miles

Now it's Sunday and it's been a strange week.  I know I ran 5 miles on Tuesday, but I can't picture the run and when I did it.  I'm pretty sure I ran during Rob's lunch again since he had a meeting at night.  I couldn't run in the morning.  I did my regular 5 mile route.

Wednesday - Rest

Still feeling fatigue and have sores all over my tongue.  Rob had a jam packed busy day.  Took the kids to the Wednesday market to buy produce and tried to relax.

Thursday -  Ran 5 miles

Was out shopping with Derek & Kara and noticed Derek had blisters all over her wrists and hands.  He had a few on his face.  Pretty sure he had hand, foot, & mouth and it has going around like crazy.  I know so many at church and at MOPS who have kids who had it.  Pretty sure I had the adult version which would explain the fatigue.  I figured I could still run so I ran 5 miles.  It went pretty well.  The sores on my mouth still hurt bad and I have itchy red bumps on my ankles.  By evening I felt worse and kept getting dizzy spells like I was going to pass out.

Friday - Rest

Woke up feeling awful.  Slept all morning.  Was feeling better by 11:00 AM and went to Hailey's good-bye party at school.  My appetite was back.  Sores on my mouth still hurt.  Still having dizzy spells.  Rob got it, but it didn't hit him until 4 PM.

Saturday - Ran 4 miles

Feeling much better, but decided to run 4 miles versus 8.  I did have one dizzy spell and had to stop and walk.  Other than that, I felt OK.  I should be on the mend.  My mouth doesn't hurt as much.

Sunday - Ran 14.5 miles

I was supposed to do 20, but I don't have enough time on a Sunday afternoon to run that long with Rob's schedule.  So I decided I would run to the clock versus the miles.  I ran from around 1:30ish until 4:15 and got about 14.5 miles.  I think it was more like 1:45 when I finally got out there.  I only had one dizzy spell around Mile #4 and I had to stop and walk.  I kept myself hydrated and that helped.  I felt better as the run went on.  Bring on the taper!


No comments:

Post a Comment