Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Seattle Rock and Roll Training Week #10

Monday - Ran 4 miles

This run was hard.  My lower back hurt and my side ached.  The head wind was fierce.  I did the same route as Sunday since I liked it so much.  By the time I got on Davis I felt better.  Back pain was minimal and side ache was gone.  My abs hurt.  I am taking a couple days off from ab workouts.  My lower back was hurting off and on this weekend.  I call this an "off" day but was still able to complete the run.

Tuesday - Ran 8 miles

I am kind of curious how much I weigh.  I weighed myself about a week ago.  I have been working out pretty hard since then.  Some of my jeans are too loose and saggy.  I am down at least a pant's size since Christmas.  Someone at church on Sunday said they noticed I have lost a lot of weight.  I'm pretty happy with where I am at, but still want to continue to tone my abs.

I was supposed to run early this morning and I just couldn't do it.  It's been chaotic at home potty training Kara.  She is a tough toddler.  It's hard for me to be home all day long.  I've been doing so much cleaning and I get tired of it.  The weather has not been great.  Yesterday was stressful.  I woke up with that overwhelmed feeling.  Rob felt bad and worked from home after lunch so I could run.  I told him he didn't have to do that.  I made the decision to not run and had to face the consequences.  He was willing and happy to do it.  I am getting a little sick of running, but once I get going I love it.  I had such a good run today--tons better than yesterday when I ran half as much.

Wednesday - Rest

Very busy day.  Somehow managed to stay within the calories though.  Good eating!

Thursday - Ran 4 miles

Headed to the gym around 8:30 PM.  I have lost one pound since I came home from Michigan.  The run went fine except for the fact I was very very thirsty.  I didn't drink enough water today.  I drank a whole water bottle of fruit punch gatorade throughout the whole run.  I'm glad I didn't run outside today because the weather was absolutely terrible.

Friday - Ran 8 miles

I ran from 9:30 until around 11 and did a similar route as Tuesday. The weather was perfect and I felt great. I also helped with field day at Hailey's school.  My goal was to mark where each kid threw their frisbee or beanbag.  I did this for two hours.  The constant bending over was a huge workout.  My glutes are sore!!

Saturday - Rest

Very busy day.  Kids did the Awesome 3000 in the morning and then we had family pictures in the late afternoon.  I am still fatigued.  I had a two hour window when I could have worked out, but I had other stuff I had to work on.  Feeling a little overwhelmed.  I just need a day to get things done around the house like I had last week.

Sunday - Ran 17 miles!!

It was tough.  The weather was awesome.  Warm and in the high 60's.  I'm not used to running in that warm of weather because I felt constantly thirsty.  I went through a whole huge bottle of Gatorade and half of another one.  I first ran 13 miles going through the neighborhood behind where Hailey takes swimming to the Battlecreek neighborhood through neighborhood by Wes Bennet and then on to Rees Hill and then to the Sumpter Park neighborhood and then back home.  If I had to do it over again, I would have done ten miles and then seven.  I was so thirsty the last three miles and trying to conserve Gatorade.  The last four miles I did the four mile route by Crossler Middle School that I did on Monday.  That actually went well.  My legs were tired, but I was able to run almost the whole entire way.  I was glad to have it completed!

When I mapped out my training, I missed a week and I have to skip Week #12.  I don't think it is going to set me back.  I'm running pretty well.  Honestly there is no way with my schedule and Rob's schedule I can squeeze two 8 milers and an 18 miler in this week.  It just can't be done.  I should be able to get my 20 milers in without a problem.  I am looking forward to the taper, but there's quite a few long runs that have to be completed before then.


No comments:

Post a Comment