Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Seattle Rock and Roll Week #14

Monday - Rest Day

Feeling really yucky today (female issues).  I asked Cheryl if she could come Wednesday instead of today.  She was going to the shower tonight.  By the time it's over, it will be dark out.  And it's crummy rain.  And I can't go to the gym on Mondays with a flex membership.  So she said that would be fine.  Thankfully.  Wish Rob was coming home tonight and not Friday.  I am losing motivation and energy.

Tuesday - Ran 5 miles

I despise this weather.  It's making me grouchy.  Christina watched my kids for an hour so I could run five miles in the pouring rain.  I put new songs on the ipod to help motivate me.  The run went fine aside from still having female problems...and being fatigued and tired.  I wish Rob was home.  But I know I can make it to Friday night.  I've really lost motivation for My Fitness Pal right now, but I am not eating terribly.  I am actually doing OK.  I'm starting to get worn out with it like I was with Weight Watchers.  Not sure if I should take a break or how long of a break I should take.  I don't gain weight very quickly especially with all the running I'm doing.  I know it helps when I'm on it.

Wednesday - Ran 5 miles

Cheryl came over around 8:15 and I did a five miles on the treadmill and held a 9 minute mile pace the majority of the time.  It went really well and it was nice to get out in the evening.  She and Andrew hung out after I got back and stayed until around 11.  Was nice to have company in the house.

Thursday - Ran 12 miles

Tessa came around 10:00 AM.  I ran a similar course to last week, but obviously shorter since I wasn't doing 20 miles today.  The first couple miles were terrible.  Pouring rain and I had to go to the bathroom so bad.  Made it to the port a potty at Sumpter Park.  The rain cleared up until the last few miles when it was in full force again.  I hate, hate, hate running in rain.  I don't think I'll ever get used to it.  I hate being sopping wet and feeling so cold afterwards.  I was happy to complete another long run and get a break from the normal routine of home.

Rob thankfully comes home tomorrow night.  It's been such a long time away from him--almost two weeks. So much has happened these two weeks I feel like I am constantly praying for someone.  It started with what was is going at Sunrise CRC in Lafayette followed by my blogger friend Laura's baby almost drowning.  Now my college friends little daughter suffered an intense head injury. And praying for my sister-in-law had her baby which was exiting, but I've been praying for them as they adjust to being parents.  And then some other personal issues going on (nothing major--it just piles up) I feel like I am constantly checking facebook for updates.

It's been really hard to focus and that's why I am taking a break from My Fitness Pal. I've not done any reading while Rob is gone.  I am behind on Banner stuff.  I've kind of done the bare minimum.  Thankfully the house is fairly clean.  I did however lose a pound a half since last week so I am eating pretty well.  I will start up again after the church campout.

Friday, Saturday & Sunday

I decided to take three days off.  We were at the church campout.  My body and mind needed the break!!

No comments:

Post a Comment