Friday, May 18, 2012

Seattle Rock and Roll Week #13

I have been exercising all week...just forgot to record it.  Monday seems like forever ago!  I love running with an iPod.  It really makes the time go quicker and is a huge motivator...especially on the long runs.  I've been playing around on iTunes and downloading songs off all my old CDs from college.  So fun.

Monday - Ran 5 miles

Matthew came over to watch Derek so Kara & Hailey, and I could go to Rachel's shower.  Kara and I left around 7:45 because she was done.  I put Kara to bed while Matthew read Derek books.  Then Derek went to bed.  I ran my regular five mile route outside.  Weather was perfect after a hot near 90 degree day.  First run ever with the iPod and I'm totally hooked.

Tuesday - Ran 8 miles

Margie took Derek & Kara all morning and early afternoon.  I guess this is what it will be like in three years when everyone is in school.  I still procrastinated though.  I wasn't as motivated as I thought would be.  My plan was to run at 11 and I didn't get out there until close to noon.  It was hot out and I didn't run my best.  But I made it through.

Wednesday - Ran 5 miles

Christina took Derek & Kara for an hour and a half.  I did an easy run at a slightly faster pace on the treadmill. It went fine.  Kind of like being a part of the daytime gym crowd because I can never go at this time...well except some Fridays.

Thursday - Stationary bike 35 minutes

Cheryl came over at 8:15.  Everyone was already in bed.  I cross trained and rode the bike.  I really pushed myself.  It was a good workout.

Friday - 20 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am always nervous for the 20 mile runs.  I know I can do them.  I did three of them the summer of 2006.  They were tough and I struggled my way through them.  I am a much stronger runner now.  I have nothing to be all that nervous about, but I always am!  Tessa was scheduled to babysit.  I had to run some errands first so I parked the van at the gym.  I ran a 9 mile loop headed towards Battlecreek neighborhood...then filled up my water bottle, got more gu.  I did a 7.5 mile loop in the Rees Hill and Sumpter neighborhood.  I ran on some new streets just to give some variety.  Made it back to the van.  Refuel, fill up water bottle.  Then I ran 3.5 miles which was basically a little bit beyond Wes Bennet park and back.  I walked very little...even with the hills.  I think the most walking I did was three minutes up the Barnes hill.  I felt really good.  I couldn't have asked for better weather--mid 50's to low 60's with sun.  Perfect.  My right hip was starting to hurt around Mile #12 and was a little painful at the end.  I have to ice it again.  I think it's the previous strain from kickboxing.  Running with music made it go by so much faster and helped me get up the hills.  I was really excited when I finished.

Saturday - Rest Day

Sunday -  About 3.5 miles

My kids were gone most of the afternoon at VB's house.  I had so little motivation and my stomach was a little off.  Plus I ended up talking Rob on Skype for well over an hour.  I managed to squeeze in about 3.5 miles.  Was supposed to do five, but that's the way it goes.

1 comment:

  1. AMy, thats great. WHat a good week of workouts and the 20 miler!!!!!!! SO AWESOME! You are so inspiring. I will be thinking of you and your 20 miles tomorrow. I hope someday to be able to increase speed so that distance doesn't take so long. I'm so proud of you. What a great day too for your long run. I prayed for you and even bragged about you Friday morning to my trainers. They were thoroughly impressed. They said they hope to be training next year like you. :D Keep it up. Can't wait to keep following this blog.

    ReplyDelete