Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Seattle Rock and Roll Week #12

Skipped Week #11.  I should be on #12 now.  Only six more weeks to go!

Monday - Ran 5 miles

I've really enjoyed running in the evenings lately.  It is light out longer.  Everyone in outside.  It is calm and peaceful.  Rob and I have been staying up until 11 or so.  Especially because the kids really aren't settling down until after 8.  I'd rather sleep until 7 and run later in the day.

I did my regular 5 mile route to the Sumpter neighborhood and back.  Aside from my legs feeling tight in the beginning, I felt great.

Tuesday - Rest Day

Wednesday - Ran 5 miles

I ran on the treadmill at the gym around 8:00 PM.  It was a tough run at first.  I was really feeling it.  When they switched the TV to American Idol, I almost felt the music really helped me.  I've still been struggling with fatigue.  I have needed to take a short nap (like half hour - forty-five minutes) almost every single afternoon and usually I don't do that every afternoon.  I also do know we are staying up later.  Most of the winter I was not staying up until 11.  And some mornings the kids are up really early--like 6:15 AM.  I don't really think it's my eating.  I weighed myself and even with all the running I stayed the exact same.  If I had a major weight loss, I would be concerned.

Thursday - Rest

I have hardly taken a day off from running and I was so fatigued after a busy morning.  I decided to rest again.

Friday - Ran 5 miles

I think the extra rest this week helped because I ran great this morning.  I have still felt a little tired, but not nearly as fatigued.  I just did my regular five route at 8:00 AM this morning and it went fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment