Monday, April 23, 2012

Seattle Rock and Roll Training Week #9

Monday - Cross train - biking 45 minutes, 15 minutes of stretching and abs

Back to exercise blogging and back to My Fitness Pal after a hiatus.  Beautiful warm weather again!!  I cross trained today and took my bike out during Rob's lunch.  Wow--still need more biking practice.  The uphills are tough.  I am not as confident on the downhills either.  I like having something new to try and look forward to biking more this summer.

Tuesday - Rest

Last Bible Study for the year so no more trips out to Dallas for awhile.  It will making running Tuesdays during lunch a little easier.  Though I will miss Bible Study.

Wednesday - Ran 4 miles on the treadmill

I ran at gym after the kids went to bed.  I upped the incline and ran between 6.0 and 6.5 and watched mindless Hollywood tabloid TV.  I like running to mindless programming.  It went fine.  I weighed myself to see how much I gained when I went off My Fitness Pal for almost two weeks.  I was pleasantly surprised to see I only gained a half of a pound.  I didn't eat too terrible in Michigan and did exercise consistently.  I have eaten even better since I came home.

Thursday - Ran 5 miles

Another night trip to the gym.  I ran from around 9:15 - 10:00ish and watched the Office and Parks & Recreation.  I like the night crowd at the gym.  The run went fine.

Friday - Long Run - 13 miles

I did not want to run.  I had planned on running in the morning, but figured it would work better in the afternoon.  Thankfully I got rained on very little--just around Mile #5 and Mile #6.  I ran up every single hill and stopped very little.  It went really well and was glad I forced myself out there.  I have some lower back pain from the abs workout.  It doesn't hurt too bad when I run--more when bending over and standing for long periods of time.

Saturday - Rest

We did a lot of walking at IKEA, but I am not really counting that.

Sunday - Ran 4 miles, 10 minutes of stretching/abs/push ups

I found a new four mile loop and I love it!  Liberty to Skyline to Davis back to Liberty.  Only downside is there not much of a shoulder on Skyline.  The hills are doable and it's in a nice quiet neighborhood.  I didn't know as well because we had lunch at Five Guys with friends from church and I drank quite a bit of pop.  I didn't have to stop at all and I made it up all the hills.  I really enjoyed this kick back week.  Next week is going to be tough!  I have to run a couple mornings as well so it will be another battle with the alarm clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment