Monday, April 2, 2012

Seattle Rock and Roll Training: Week #6

Monday - Ran 3 miles & 10 minutes of stretching, abs, push-ups

Wow--love running in the sun. Missed it. I feel a little strained and tired today, but the run went OK. I had a rough morning with Kara and I'm been overwhelmed with her tantrums lately. I'm not as hungry as I used to be and feel like my body is used to smaller portions and healthier meals. I still get a sweet snack craving at night. I'm happy with all the ab workouts because I can totally see results. I feel like I am running better though and enjoying it even more than the last marathon I trained for.

Tuesday - Rest

Tuesday is working out to be the best rest day because Rob always has extra meetings, I have been in either Dallas or Keizer the last few Wednesday mornings not getting back until around 12:15 or 12:30, and my body is shot by Tuesday after all the weekend running.

Wendesday - Ran 6 miles

I have been lazy and unmotivated in the mornings. I ran after youth group Wednesday night at the gym on the treadmill. I pushed myself pretty hard and kept my speed in the 6.0 - 6.5 range with a small incline.

Thursday - Ran 3 miles

Again I had to run at night due to scheduling issues. I ran the 5K track on the treadmill at gym. I kept my speed between 6.5 and 7.0. I felt really good. I also swam for twenty minutes--part of that was swimming with the kickboard, practicing rotations, and I managed to do one full lap non-stop.

Friday - Cross training--one hour of Centergy, 40 minutes of cycling

Love Centergy! It was really good today. Exact same workout as last week so I knew what to expect. My bad shoulder was acting up a little bit, but nothing major. The stretching is so good. Also took my road bike out for the first time!! Getting used to biking. My biggest adjustment is learning to be a vehicle versus a pedestrian. I was biking on the wrong side of the road on Ironwood--oops. My speed is really slow--like 10 mph if that--probably slower. I need to get more comfortable on the bike before I try and up my speed. Thankful for sun today!

Saturday - Ran 6 miles, 10 minutes of stretching/abs

I wanted to do my long run in the afternoon, but was too pressed for time. The weather was perfect. Warm and sunny. I ran by Wes Bennet park and attempted the Baxter hill. Still can't make it up without stopping--that hill is so steep. The rest of the run went fine.

Sunday - Ran 14 miles!! 7 minutes of stretching/abs

I wanted to do an Easter sunrise run. I thought that would be like my own personal Easter sunrise service. I had planned on doing my 6 mile on Sunday and 14 mile on Saturday. With the errands we had to run on Saturday and Matt's party in the late afternoon--I could not squeeze it in without putting everyone under a big time pressure. So I decided I would be the crazy morning runner and get up at 5:15 AM on a Sunday. I would do more sunrise runs. I love the quiet of the neighborhood, seeing the sky get light, and hearing the outside morning sounds like the birds. It is always a fight to get myself out of bed. That is the hardest. Once I get out and get running, I am awake and I'm fine.

There was a lot of solitude this morning. I don't usually pray when I run. This morning I did at the beginning of the run--and it was pretty amazing. I ran through the Rees Hill neighborhood, Battlecreek, and ran most of Mildred. I need to get more comfortable on hills. The Mildred hills are difficult and I walked halfway up one. I only stopped to drink Powerade and at the crosswalks. I was able to run almost the whole time.

I am pretty tired now and I will be even more so tonight. My right hip is acting up again. I think a previous strain from kickboxing. Ice helps a lot.

We had a brunch at church and lunch and Easter egg hunt at the VB's house. It was worth getting up.

No comments:

Post a Comment