Thursday, March 29, 2012

Seattle Rock and Roll Training: Week #5

Monday - Ran 3 miles

I ran on the treadmill Monday afternoon at the hotel after we got back from Huntington Beach. Still not used to the treadmill and I couldn't find a TV program I really wanted to watch. It was an OK workout. Enjoyed sitting in the hot tub afterwards with Kara and Hailey.

Tuesday - Rest

We were in LAX a good part of the afternoon and traveling all day. SO TIRED!

Wednesday - Ran 6 miles

And we're back in Oregon. I was not going to try and run in the morning or the afternoon. The weather is awful again. I am missing Southern California. There is no sun in the forecast for at least nine days...yuk!

I ran at the gym on the treadmill and was excited to watch Worst Cooks in America on the Food network. Upped my speed a little bit changing between 6.0 and 6.5. I did the hills track so the incline kept going up and down. It was a good workout. Miss running outside, but it was nice to not have to get out first thing in the morning or at lunch time.

Thursday - Ran 3 miles and 10 minutes of stretching/abs

Nice to run outside again. Not nice running in the rain. Did my regular three mile route. Nice easy run. Eating healthier is a bit easier now that we're home. I didn't gain weight on the vacation, but I didn't lose any either. That's OK.

Some of the kids are sick and Kara is potty training. At least I don't have a whole lot to do until next week. Trying to just unpack and finish some of the "to-do" list stuff I didn't get to before we left for California.

Friday - Centergy 60 minutes

Love, love, love Centergy! I wish I could go every Friday, but all these trips is not allowing that. The stretching was totally what my body needed. The abs workouts were tough, but not pushing me over the edge. I felt so refreshed afterwards. When I ran my last marathon I did one to two workouts a week of weight training. I have done very little with this. My intention in joining the gym again was to go to Group Power since it meets so often. I'm wondering if I should make Centergy a once a week effort instead of Power. The stretching is good along with the core workouts. I have known too many runners who pull muscles doing weight training or aerobics. Power is pretty intense. I still would like to go but having a hard time scheduling it in. They also opened two more biking classes I would like to try. I can't really bike outside for awhile because we are having constant rain that is not letting up anytime soon.

Saturday - 12 miles! And some walking, stretching, abs, and playing with kids in the pool

So incredibly grateful the rain held off. I was running in mild rain on about Mile #9 and that was it. I decided I need to do more hills. I need to be comfortable with them. They are way more mental for me than physical. So I ran on Battlecreek all the way until it turns into Pringle. I was very tired by the end of it, but so glad I did it. I hardly walked the whole workout. I did stop at the Vista Roths for the bathroom and to refill up my water bottle. I loved running in the Wes Bennet and Battlecreek neighborhoods and along Battlecreek. The end of the route I was running up and down Commerical and on Liberty. I think I would change that a little. Liberty's sidewalks are crummy. All in all it went great. My body hurts and I am a little sore. I have been a little more fatigued than usual today. My hormones are a little off. I feel a little a more anxious and irritable than usual. I did manage to take Hailey and Derek swimming in the afternoon and had a good time. Everyone is still tired from vacation. Hailey is better, but Kara is still a little sick. I've also lost a whole pound since we came home from vacation. I am kind of wondering if the scale at the gym is a little off? I will recheck it again on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment