Monday, March 12, 2012

Seattle Rock and Roll Training: Week #3

Monday - Ran 3 miles & 10 minutes of stretching/abs

I'm going to register for Seattle Rock and Roll this week. I honestly don't know if we're at Week #2 or Week #3. The fifth and sixth grade teacher at Hailey's school is running it too so I am going to try catch him and ask him what week we're at. His wife seemed to be on top of his training schedule. The funny thing is they go to the same gym as me.

Running was difficult today because I have not run in a week. We also have 50 mph winds today and lost power already. I would not be surprised if it goes out again. It always does when we get this kind of wind. Running in the head wind was tiring. I did make it without stopping. I felt better once I hit the last mile. I need to eat better this week. I am starting to crave junk again. Funny how a few days off can change everything back to the way it was!

Tuesday - Ran 5 miles & 10 minutes of kickboxing

Got out the door at 6:20 AM and found snow on the ground. Wow--was not expecting that. All the sidewalks were clear. While the roads were slushy in some spots, it really wasn't that bad. I felt crummy the first two and a half miles. It's like I couldn't get my legs moving. I felt fatigued. Once I kept going through I settled into a groove and felt better. I can tell my body is not quite back to normal yet.

Wednesday - Ran 3 miles

I am now writing this on Saturday so I am trying to remember what I did earlier in the week. I went on the treadmills at the Courthouse because the weather was so crappy. It was one of my better treadmill runs in awhile. I also did 15 minutes of Crunch Ab Attack later in the morning.

Thursday - Ran 5 miles

We were in Seattle at a conference. Cheryl came too. We both went to the hotel exercise center. I ran 5 miles on the treadmill. It was super tough. I was hot and sweaty. It was a struggle. I am not quite used to running on a treadmill. Glad I could still get a workout in even with being away from home.

Friday - Rest

Probably gained a pound. Eating better than when I went to Chicago for the youth ministry conference, but still a struggle.

Saturday - Bike 40 minutes, Swim 20 minutes

Cross training day. I could not get to the gym until the afternoon when all the classes are over. So I rode the stationary bike on the rolling hills track. It was tough at time, but also a nice break from running. Swimming is still so awkward and difficult for me, but I want to continue doing it when I can. I hope to do more with swimming after the marathon. I can barely do a lap. I swim the kick board, practice arms and breathing and then try the front crawl. I am pretty self conscious because I can't really do it! I do want to keep trying.

Sunday - Ran 6 miles, 10 minutes of stretching and abs

Whatever crazy warm weather the Midwest seems to be getting, we are NOT getting. If anything we're colder than usual. It was supposed to be sunny today and at times it was. Most of my run I was in sleet and small hail. It felt colder as the run went on. Needless to say it went OK. I did enjoy running outside again after the last two runs being on treadmills. I ran through the Sumpter neighborhood, then by Christina's house, then on Commerical, and ending in the neighborhood by where Hailey takes swim lessons. It was good. I also got my bike today! Hailey and I rode around the parking lot until the hail started coming again and we got too cold. I feel so awkward on the bike almost like how I feel when I swim. I am hoping to go for a few more rides when we get back from Disney.

Tomorrow I am going to try and run my long run in the early morning hours. I know it's crazy and normally I wouldn't do it this early this time of year and on a Monday. It seems more stressful and more crazy to try and do it at Disneyland. I can't afford to not to do it as I have missed a whole week of running last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment