Monday, April 16, 2012

Seattle Rock and Roll Training Week #8

Monday - 9 miles

This week is going to be a little off with the writer's conference. I might miss one or two workouts. I missed my weekend long run from Week #7 so did it today while I had the extra time. I ran one of my old running routes from when we lived in Grand Rapids--Breton to Burton to Plymouth by Christian High and back up Kalamazoo. The strong winds made it tough. Other than that I ran the whole way and felt fine.

Tuesday - Rest

It is a week later and I am trying to remember what I ran.  I am pretty sure this was our busy day at the Banner conference and I end up hanging out with Jennifer at night.  So I did not exercise.

Wednesday - Ran approximately 4 miles

I got up early and ran all over Calvin's campus.  It was slightly chilly in the air.  I loved running on the old loops I used to run on.  It was fun!

Thursday - Rest

Came home at midnight and got up at 6:30 AM.  Tiring day!  Did not do much at all and was not going to attempt to go running.

Friday - Rest

Another tiring day.  Second day back is always the worst.  Did not run again.

Saturday - 10K run - Run the Ridge 50:04

I did the same race in Lebanon I did last year, but signed up for the 10K this time.  The course is rural and there aren't many runners.  Even though it is hilly, I like the challenge.  I have trained on hills the last couple weeks so was wondering how I would do.  It was slightly chilly and cloudy.  But no rain.  I was able to maintain eight minute miles!  Was so surprised.  I had no idea I was that fast. When I went running Jennifer she said our pace was about nine and a half minute miles.  Rob doesn't think I do ten minute miles and haven't for years.  This random lady at Roths who said she sees me running commented how fast my pace is.

Anyway I got second overall womens and first in my age category.  The first place woman was hauling and there was no way I could pass her.  She finished a whole minute and a half before me.  It was fun to race again.  I liked the fact Rob and the kids could come out and be a part of it.

Sunday - Ran approximately 15 miles

Even though the weather was perfect, sunny, and summerlike I was so unmotivated.  I did not want to spend my afternoon running.  I even thought about waiting until Monday.  I drove to Minto Brown Park and ran all over Minto Brown.  I ran to the clock...not the mileage.  I ran from 1:40 - 3:55.  I wanted to run until 4, but it was so hot and I ran out of Gatorade.  I was really glad I completed it.  It was a nice break to run on paved trail and be in the forest.  I don't know the paths very well so I really just ran and kept checking the clock.  Part of the path is still flooded from the big flood in January.  Most of the paths were clear.  I ran on River Road for about two miles as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment