Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Week #14

Monday - Ran 5 miles


I am no longer running in the mornings because it is way too dark. I also am taking a break from Power because I am worried about overduing it with the strength training. I was reading Hal's tips for marathon training and he says to ease up on strength training by this point and cut it out all together by around Week #16. I know I need to do more with cross training and stretching. Honestly that is more of a scheduling issue if anything. I did walk for about a half hour on Sunday afternoon and that does count for cross training. I do like sleeping until 7 AM.


Anyway I ran my five mile route to Sumpter Park at 5 PM. The rain held off at least until the third mile. It was not a downpour this time, but I was pretty wet. I felt good except my muscles feel really tight. I want to do some good stretching this week.


Tuesday and Wednesday - Rest


In some ways it has been a tough week and I have not been very motivated. Which is why I did not run either of these days.


Thursday - Centergy


I went to Centergy and I have not gone since February. Back when I joined the Courthouse in January of 2009, I went to Centergy at least once a week...sometimes twice. I went for about four months until morning sickness set in with Kara and it was too much. I went two or three times last winter. I used to love it. I felt really energized by it. It was my favorite class.


My muscles has been so tight. I really should have been going all throughout this marathon training period. The running itself takes so much time. I don't know how I can squeeze anything else in there. Maybe if I run a marathon when Kara is 18, I'll have time for it. By that time I'll be 50. Am I really going to want to do this at age 50? I can see myself doing something like Curves or aerobics or jazzercise. :)


Anyway I did not get the memo you now have to bring you own mat to Centergy. This guy was nice enough to lend me his. He had two. Which means if I want to go back, I should stop at Big Five and buy a yoga mat. I'm not sure I want to spend my money on that right now. To be honest, the workout was tough! It hurt. The instructor said I probably needed it if it hurt that bad. I really really liked her. Which would probably make want to go back. It is more of a community class. The people were really sweet and chatty. No one at Power ever talks. So we'll see if I go back. It was nice break from running.

Friday and Saturday and probably Sunday - No running

Ugh! I hate missing all this training. Rob and Kara had an intestinal bug on Sunday. Kara was still pretty perky, but pretty pale in her face. Her appetite was a little lower. She had diarrhea and threw up twice...right after she ate. Rob was still able to preach two sermons (which included the evening one in Portland) and he did not seem too bad. So my thinking was if I don't get it by Thursday 1) I'm in the clear or 2) It will be mild. I was wrong on both. I could feel it coming on Thursday night around 11 PM and just planned on being sick on Friday. Rob was off work and I had gotten caught up on my studying and Banner work so I knew I would be OK. It was not mild...it usually isn't for me. Don't know what I was thinking. I was wiped out all day and went to bed at 9 PM. Around 4 PM yesterday all the intestinal stuff was gone, but I had a pounding head ache and felt overly weak. I am pretty much back to normal (it is Saturday night), but because I only drank Gatorade and ate soda crackers for 24 hours, my strength is not fully back. I hate, hate, hate missing all this running. I feel like I've been inconsistent since we left for Arizona. I go to Grand Rapids in two weeks which is going to disrupt my schedule again. I really cannot overdue it this weekend. I usually take two to three extra days off when I get sick. So I'll probably start up on Monday and call this a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment