Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Week #17

I can't believe I am leaving for Sacramento a week from Saturday!!


Monday - I could not really run today due to a crazy schedule. We were taking Derek out for his birthday in the evening. I was at Dr. K's office with all three kids from 1:45 PM - 3:50 PM. Really kind of stunk. I could not run during Rob's lunch because he and Hailey went to buy birthday presents for Derek. And I was not going to get up early after having arrived home from Michigan Sunday night after traveling all day long.


Tuesday - Ran 3 miles

We got hit with an "Oregon Artic Blast" which is still a little humorous after living in Michigan for so many years. Yet I am understanding the severity of it having now lived outside the Midwest for four years. There is hardly any snow. No one knows how to drive in it. They don't "de-ice" anything. They just throw gravel all over the main roads. Running outside is impossible until the ice melts along the side of the road. I guess in Oregon we don't really get snow, but we do get ice.


Rob didn't really want me driving out at night. So I went to gym during his lunch and ran three miles. I am really supposed to do four today, but given the lack of time...I made three. I went really quick like a 8.40 pace which was awesome. I was done around 26 minutes. I am getting excited for Sacramento and hope I'm ready!!


Wednesday - Ran 4 miles


I ran 4 miles and changed my route so I ran up the Boone hills...which are less overwhelming. I did not feel as good as yesterday...a little fatigued. Once I hit the second mile, I felt better. The weather was the coldest I have run in yet and I was overdressed again. It was only icy on our street so I felt safe. No big wind or rain so that made it easier.


I am thinking about dropping my gym membership. As much as I love going, I like running outside more. If I do a triathlon in a year, I may pick it up again. Rob and I talked about buying hand weights for weight training. I want to buy a bike as well. I am not as excited about going to the early morning classes anymore and it's really hard to get there in the evening. There are so few evenings in the week I can actually get over there let alone make the 6:00 PM or 7:00 PM classes. I'd really like to pick it again at least when Derek is in school and I only have one at home. Even that is not for awhile.



Thursday - Rest


We were at Jonganeels' a good part of the day for Thanksgiving. Decided to take it easy.


Friday - Ran 4 miles


Went to the gym at 8 PM and there were like three other people there. I had a really good run on the treadmill. Did not go quite as fast as Wednesday, but still finished in about forty minutes. I felt good afterwards too.



Saturday - Pool


I took Hailey swimming. It may not count as cross training, but it was very relaxing. I tread water in the deep end with her for about 15 minutes and swam around. The hot tub felt amazing on the joints in my legs.


Holy cow, I can't believe I am flying to Sacramento a week from today. Is this for real?

Sunday - Ran 8 miles

My last long run! It was a fantastic run. I felt a little weak the first 1/2 mile, but once I got going I felt awesome. I reflected so much on the last few months as I was running. I am so blessed by this whole experience. From running in the summer into fall and now at the beginning of winter.

It was good to get out too. I had to miss church yet again. I have been miss a lot of Sundays lately. Kara caught this cough and cold we all got. Hers generated a high fever and it got all the way up to 104. No throwing up. Just trying to give her lots of TLC and keeping her comfortable. I have had this throaty cough since I left Michigan and it was really bad Friday night. Seems to be improving each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment