Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Week #18

This week is all about rest until the big day on Sunday!!





Monday - Rest. And I dropped my gym membership. I am going to miss it, but I haven't been there as much this month. I would feel better if I had a bike right now so I could at least do some outside biking. I would also feel better if I had a place to take Hailey swimming. I wanted to take her more, but it turned out to be once every 2-3 months. We're looking into the South Salem Swim & Tennis Club for swim lessons for her and they offer a few open swim times as well. I don't we can afford the summer membership though. I guess I have to realize Hailey is only five and I am not at the point where I can take all three swimming yet anyway. I have been thinking about trying to do a triathlon, but I am probably going to have to wait at least a year or so.



Tuesday - Ran 3 miles


The weather was awful. Cold. Windy. Rainy. Miserable. My throat hurt a little too. I caught what everyone else has. Mine started last Wednesday so I am hoping it's better by Sunday. It's not too bad, but I am coughing...mostly at night. It's been a crazy week so far. Kara has been miserable and feverish. I think I might be taking her tomorrow, and they will probably just tell me it's a virus and she'll get over it. I am glad I was still able to run. I am glad this is the last week. There is no way I would want to do a long run in the kind of weather we're having right now.

Wednesday & Thursday - Rest

The rest has been good for me. This cough and cold is lingering. Thought I would be over it by now. I am coughing mostly at night and a little bit during the day. The plus side is that is not affecting my energy level at all. I am not fatigued or weak or achy. I would just like to be coughing less by Sunday.

Friday - Ran 2 miles

Can't remember the last time I did a short 2 mile road. Wow, I leave for Sacramento tomorrow!! Still coughing. I ran fine and my energy level is OK. I just wish I had total relief from the coughing, but maybe that is unrealistic. Glad I have two more full days for my throat to get better. It seems to be a little bit better today.

Saturday - Ran 2 miles in Sacramento

I ran around the motel I was staying in but ending up dead ending into some industrial area. I was not sure how safe the neighborhood was that I was running in. Then I saw some runners off to right up a hill. I found a beautiful bike path along the river. I started running and I just took off. It was that "I am flying feeling." It was so beautiful out with colored leaves still on the trees and the water off to the side. I was a little leary about my safety. It was pretty secluded and there were single men walking along the path...did not look like runners. I thought I saw a homeless guy wandering around. The sun was starting to set so I headed back. I got two miles in.

No comments:

Post a Comment