Sunday, November 14, 2010

Week #16

Can't believe I am to the taper already!!


Sunday - Ran 5 miles


Surprisingly I felt good. Was thinking I would be more sore after running 20 miles two days ago. I have a little bit of pain in my right thigh...like closer to the back of the knee. This is the exact same spot it hurt after I ran Portland. I did my regular five mile route to Sumpter Park. I was overdressed. For some reason I thought it was cooler than what it actually was. The weather was cloudy, but no rain.

Monday - OK I just back from Grand Rapids and I am trying to write last week's entries. I can't remember when I ran. I think (if I remember right) I did not run last Monday.

Tuesday - Ran 4 miles

I am pretty sure I ran 4 on Tuesday during Rob's lunch and I think my regular four mile route. As far as I know, the run went well and was uneventful.

Wednesday - I know I did not run because I was traveling all day - from 7 AM (Pacific time) until 9 PM (Eastern time). Very long day!

Thursday - Ran 5 miles

I ran five miles on the treadmill at the Prince Conference Center Exercise Room. I watched Fox News and the Office. Even with being able to watch shows, I DO NOT LIKE THE TREADMILL. I am constantly looking at the time and mileage. I don't feel comfortable. I had to stop and go to the bathroom. I kind of call it "conference bug." With all the different foods I eat at conferences, I often get digestive issues. It is usually mild and goes away really fast, but running made it worse. Then I got interrupted to get more water and give my roommate a room key. It just wasn't a very fun run.

Friday, Saturday, & Sunday - I did not run because our schedule just did not allow the time to get away. I hate missing another long run. If I did not have Kara with me, I would have run in Fruitport on my old running paths. But that was not really possible. I don't think it will set me back. I plan to run 8 on Friday. I feel like I will be ready for the marathon. Honestly the way my schedule has been and with all these trips...I've done pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment