Saturday, October 2, 2010

Amy's current running goals

In many ways it has been a very good week. In other ways, it has been a rough week. I guess that applies to most weeks. I am doing really well will the running, but I have let the weights and cross training slide. My routine has been thrown off again and my motivation level down. So I thought I should set some goals to help me.

Goal #1 - To cross train at least once and do weights at least once (will really like to shoot for twice) each week for the next week two weeks.

We leave for Arizona in two weeks and I need to be consistent before we go. I have to do two major long runs - a 17 miler probably a week from tomorrow (maybe Friday...we'll see how it goes) and a 18 miler a week from Friday. Plus my 7 mile midweek run jumps to 8. My 4 mile routine run jumps to 5 after this week. Crazy amount of miles!!

Goal #2 - To run at least once in Arizona - I know a brief rest period is not going to set me back. When I trained for Portland I took almost a whole week off and missed one long run when we moved out here. I think I ran on a treadmill once in Utah, but that was about it. It did not set me back at all.

Goal # 3 - Drink more water during the day especially in the morning.

Then I have two goals for the actual marathon and we'll see if I add to them

Goal #1 - Stick with a pace. This was my biggest struggle with Portland. I started off way too fast and was dying by Mile #19. I should have kept with a slower pace. I am thinking of doing the 10 minute mile pacing group. If I kept with that pace, I would get a better time than I did in Portland.

Goal #2 - Try not let the mental part get to me as much. I'm going to try breathing exercises and stuff like that the night before the morning of so I don't freak out.

No comments:

Post a Comment