Monday, October 4, 2010

Week #10

Monday - Group Power



Yes I finally got out bed and made it to Power. The place was packed! Never seen it that full on a Monday morning. I have been reading so much on Runner's World that cross training and weights are super important, but they have to less of a workout than running. Pour your energy into running. Since I also have not been at Power in three weeks, I kept my weight light. Also since Trena thinks she got injured at Power and had to drop out of her race, I am even more cautious. It was still a workout and I still struggled with some of the tracks. But I feel really good about it and know I worked the various muscle groups. I will probably push myself harder at Power and get to double the weight later this winter after the marathon is over.


Tuesday - Rest


I did not sleep very good. It was not because Kara got me up at midnight. She went right back down. I felt overly tired and my body was fatigued so I decided to rest today.


Wednesday - Group Power and ran 4 miles


I went to Power again and kept my weight the same. It was a good workout. Then I ran on the treadmill afterwards and got my pace up to 9.30. It was a great run. Although I do not like the treadmill, a break from the outdoors is nice once in awhile. Now that it is not getting light until 7:00 AM, I might have to do the majority of my cross training during the week at the gym and my longer runs on the weekend when Rob is home. I have the advantage that Rob takes Fridays off so often I can during the day on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. As long it fits into Rob's karate schedule and our family schedule. Unfortunately Kara woke up at 6 AM and Rob could not get her back down. She fell back asleep at 7 AM which is the time she usually wakes up. She has been a little feisty lately...we see her little personality starting to come out.


Thursday - Ran 4 miles


Kind of a busy morning. The kids were up super early. MOPS Steering meeting. Then pick up Hailey. Then pick up Rob's mom. I was really happy that Rob let me run during his lunch. He had a busy day too and he didn't have to do that. It was a great four miler on the regular route I have been doing. I felt strong. It is nice running in the afternoons with the mornings so dark now.


Friday - Ran 8 miles


I ran the Rees Hill loop and back on Sunnyside. Really good run and I know my pace was faster. I was really surprised I was done less than an hour and twenty minutes. Normally I do ten minute miles. I felt a little more tired than yesterday, but I was still able to complete everything. I only walked once for a minute to drink Ultima. Perfect running weather. High 50's and no rain. Glad I got this run in. Was not sure how it was going to work with it being a busier weekend.

Saturday - Rest

It was a really busy day with Trena's wedding and getting us all ready for that. I did not really plan on getting any cross training in so I was not overly disappointed when it did not happen.

Sunday - Ran 17 miles

I made it! I tried some new areas and loved running along Strong...very scenic and liked the overlook on the city. I allowed myself to walk up the steep hill on Landeu, but I ran up the whole thing! I walked very little aside from lights and I stopped at the bathroom at Lee Elementary. A few short walks here and there less than a minute. I discovered Salem Parks turned off their water fountains!! Thankfully I did not get too dehydrated. Originally I planned to fill up my water at Wes Bennet Park and Sumpter, but no water at either one. I knew I was doing OK though because I actually felt over hydrated at first. My routes will change now as I cannot stop at the park anymore.

1 comment:

  1. OH NO about the drinking fountains! Thats a horrible realization isn't it?

    I can't fathom 17 miles, so way to go!

    ReplyDelete