Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Week #11

Monday - Rest


Had thought about going to Power, but my body hurt too much. I needed to rest.

Tuesday - Ran 5 miles

Rob had a 7 AM meeting and we were both going to get up at 5:30 AM. He set Alarm #1 for 5:30 which he forgot to turn on. Alarm #2 was set and went off at 6:05 AM. That did not give me enough time to get back by 6:50. So Rob said to just run at lunch. I was surprised how tired and sore I felt at first. I really did not feel good until around Mile #4. It was a super beautiful day and slightly cool. Perfect. I did my Sumpter Park 5 mile route I was doing at the beginning of the summer. I missed this route.

Wednesday - Ran 8 miles

I am glad I got this run completed today. Except now I am so tired, I really wish I could lay down and take a long nap. I am exhausted. I need a second wind.

It is working better to run in the afternoons right now. Rob did not mind taking a little bit longer of a lunch. It took me about 80 minutes. I did the same 8 mile route as last week. I did not feel as strong, but I did not feel overly fatigued either. I don't have pain anywhere...just don't feel like I can do the faster pace I did last week.

The high schools must have a half day because I saw tons of little groups of high schoolers unattended wandering around. Not a big deal, but some are downright annoying. I like high schoolers for the most part, but not when they yell at you or make comments when you are just trying to mind your own business and go running.

Thursday - Cross training?

I guess you could call it that. I walked home from MOPS at Bethany Baptist with the double stroller. Then we stopped at ILC and picked up Hailey from school. It was only about a mile and a half and honestly it was worse than running. That double stroller is awkward to push (especially up the Idylwood hill) and the curved sidewalks do not help. Plus it is a long walk for Hailey and Derek was pretty impatient. Was happy to reach our house at noon. The whole thing from start to finish (including waiting five minutes for Hailey) took an hour. Rob and I both need the car Thursday morning and so this is an ongoing issue. I am willing to walk this once in awhile.

Friday - Rest

I was going to do my 18 miler, but decided to clean the whole house instead. Too much to do before getting ready for the trip. I felt bad missing it, and hoping it doesn't set me back. I have been very consistent the last few weeks. I think I'll be OK.

Saturday - Rest

Traveled all day to Arizona. It is Sunday as I am writing this. If I end up running tonight I'll put it on with Week #12 or add to this entry. The break off from running is really good. For the first time in a long time, my muscles don't feel so fatigued and sore.

Sunday - Hiking

We did a fairly easy hike to the top of a huge cliff/mountain or whatever you want to call it. I had Kara on my back the whole time. It was so beautiful! I love the desert and the Southwest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment