Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Week #9

Monday & Tuesday - Rest


Had planned to rest on Monday. Had not planned to rest on Tuesday as well. But it was not a bad thing. My body was pretty tired.


Wednesday - Ran 7 miles


I woke up early feeling refreshed. I was going to go to Power. Then I realized if I am feeling this awake and good, I should do the 7 miler today. For some reason it is tougher doing it on Thursdays because we tend to be busier Thursday mornings. This week I don't have anything, but usually there's MOPS or a MOPS leadership meeting or Rob needs the van right away. I am glad I chose to run because I felt so good the first few miles--like I was flying. Hardly felt like I was running. I felt really comfortable, hydrated, and enjoying the morning. I did the same route I did last week. Around Mile #6 my left ankle started acting up again. It's not major pain, but I am hoping it does not develop into some kind of injury. I might try icing it later today and see if that helps.

Thursday - Ran 4 miles


Mornings stink. I don't know if it's the fact it's not even light until 7 AM or what. I woke up with a piercing headache. I was pretty sure it was due to dehydration because my appetite and stomach was normal. I am not drinking enough water during the day. Rob was dead after a three hour green belt test last night that was totally brutal. He passed and now has a green belt. They worked him so incredibly hard. He had muscle spasms during the night (I didn't know until the morning). What the heck are we doing to our bodies!?

Anyway I ran during Rob's lunch and ran Lone Oak to Browning to Commerical to Sunnyside to Boone and back to Lone Oak. A couple months ago the hills on Boone wiped me out and now they seem so easy. I don't think they are has steep as some of the hills I tackle on my long runs. I felt great. No dehydration or stomach issues. No ankle or knee pain. It is really hot this week like in the 80's which is great. Not going to last, but enjoying while we have it.

Saturday - Rest

Had plans to cross train in the morning, but that got tossed out the window. Kind of a rough morning. Here's hoping for a better rest of the day.

Sunday - Ran 11 miles

It is crazy that running 11 is a break. Not doing Portland next weekend is probably a blessing in disguise. My long runs are faster, stronger, and more enjoyable than earlier in the summer. I have loved the extra time to train. I can complete these runs and I don't feel like I am dying at the end. I am walking very little...just little breaks at parks to refill my water bottle or get gu. I ran up all the three big hills on my run and did not have to stop. I did a similar route to my long runs the last few weeks, but I cut out the Rees Hill portion and ran on Wiltsey and then the streets around my house. Was a nice run and the weather was perfect. I am loving the Oregon rain is taking its time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment