Monday, September 6, 2010

Week #6

Monday - 3 Miles


Happy Labor Day! The kids let me sleep until 7:30 AM. Kind of funny that is sleeping in. I ran around 9:30 AM since Rob is only working an hour today and from home. I did my regular three mile route to Ewald. The weather was perfect with a slight chill in the air. I was pretty comfortable aside from some soreness. I wore my new shoes for the first time and they feel strange and flat. These are the shoes I hope to wear in Sacramento. I need to break them in first and make sure they are giving me enough support. I probably going to rotate my shoes with each workout.


Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday - Rest


I knew exercising would not happen with Rob away. I was reading a good article in Runner's World about the importance of rest and how "rest" is training too. Thought of that as I was not doing any form of exercise and missing it.


Wow it has been a hard week with Rob gone. I knew it would be tough, but never imagined it would be this wearing. Never imagined I would on the verge of emotional breakdown so often and Derek would be so crazy. I feel like I handled it better with communicating to Rob how it is going. I do not hold it against him because I really wanted him to go this conference and I was happy to make it happen. It has just been an exhausting week and been tough in so many ways. Makes me think we are crazy for living so far from family and not sure those feelings will ever change.


Friday - Ran 3 Miles

Trena came over for a half hour. Worked out well. She read Hailey's library books to her. Kara napped and Derek played in his room. He did not nap today, but he stayed in his room almost the whole time. I ran the same square I ran on Sunday. It felt good to run. I was happy to get out and it was beautiful out. Since my mind is "off" along with my emotions, I was not fully there. I could not enjoy it as much as I normally would. I am glad I got out there nonetheless and thankful Trena could help me out.

Saturday - Rest

Could not get out and run. Today went better with the kids. I took them apple picking and out to the Mc Donalds on the Salem Parkway. Hailey even played by herself for 45 minutes so I could take a nap. Derek and Kara slept all afternoon.

Sunday - Ran 9 Miles

Tough run. How much easier it was to run 12 last week and only 9 today. Kind of crazy. I did the same route I did last week only I turned right on Commercial and went towards Woodmansee instead of going the Rees Hill route. That shaves off three miles. I felt dehydrated the whole run. I was constantly craving water and I ran out way too soon. I need to detour around Wes Bennet Park and stop at the drinking fountain next time. I was just under a time crunch today. I had side aches at times. I felt way too hot. It was in the low 80's, but not used to running in the heat. It's been a couple weeks since I have done it. I walked up half the hill on Landeu. I also detoured through Woodmansee and walked through most of it. I was going to cut through the trails. Then I got lost. I ended up right in the middle of someone's Frisbee Golf game. I made it to the Judson Middle School football field and ran most of the of the way home. Might have been slightly under 9 miles today, but I am going to sweat it. Kind of hoping for better running later in the week. Today was not as fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment