Thursday, August 30, 2018

Marathon Training Week #3

Monday = Rest...except I walked for like an hour

Today was my rest day but I met a friend for a walk at night.  We ended up walking a full hour at a normal pace.  By the end of it I had broke out in a sweat and my right knee was starting to hurt.  I did my stretches before I went to bed.  I noticed my range of motion on the clam shells was much less and I could not get through the second set without stopping.  This is usually the point in my training when I scale back because I realize can't run this many miles.  I also have never done the PT stretches either and I think they are helping.

Tuesday = Ran 3 miles at a 10 minute pace

It was a pretty normal run at 7 AM.  I felt fine and not a lot of pain.  I felt maybe a little tighter than normal.  I was just slow and maintained a slower pace...not sure why.  The air quality was not great.  I need to keep my PT exercised and stretching going.

Wednesday = Swam around 1500 yards

I did my first early morning swim since the spring.  It worked out well to go early because I wanted to can peaches in the morning...and get an early start.  I swam with both Erica and Kate.  I was surprised I managed to stay only about 100 - 150 yards behind them.  It was great to have the workout done so early and it was good to be in the water.  I like swimming with others versus the solo workouts...though I will miss swimming in the outdoor pool.

Thursday = Stationary Bike 42 minutes

I decided last minute to ride the stationary bike over lunch.  I do miss riding my bike, but due to everything going on--I am grateful for the alone time & ease of riding in the gym.

Friday = Ran 5 miles in Minto Brown Park

I maintained about a 9:15 speed which I was very proud of.  I really tried to stay on pace and build versus start out fast and slow down.  I also did a test horse back ride in the afternoon with Anneke...which was a little scary because I don't think I have been on a horse since I worked at a camp in Michigan in college.  But I got more confident as time went on.

Saturday = Weights

I did about 20 minutes of weights but I ended up talking to Jason for quite awhile.  So I did not finish my workout.  It was good to catch up with him and let him know about all the stuff going on.

Sunday = Intervals - 3 miles total

I did intervals at Wendy Kroger Park again.  I also went horseback riding in the afternoon--so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment