Monday, September 3, 2018

Marathon Training Week #4

Monday = Rest

First day back at work!!

Tuesday = Ran 5.04 miles with an average pace of 9:34

I had a good run.  Miss running with Tracy and not used to how dark it is.  Glad I was motivated to get up and go.

Wednesday = Swam about 1500 meters

I did not feel as strong last week and my right arm was hurting.  I still completed a good workout.

Thursday = Bush Park Cross Country Series

Emily and I ran in the cross country series again and I know we beat our time.  The clock was not even at 27 minutes when I crossed the finish line. They have not posted our times yet so not sure how we actually did.  I felt so much better because I held off on eating dinner beforehand.  My stomach did not feel crazy.  I pushed myself to maintain my pace.  I was pretty spent at the end.

Friday = Stationary bike 35 minutes

I did my normal interval track on the bike in the cardio room.  I should go to Group Ride or bike outside.  Right now I am enjoying the solo stationary bike while listening to inspirational music.  It almost has been therapeutic with all that has gone on the last couple of weeks.

Saturday = Rest

I had zero time to work out because I went right from my getaway with Rob to watching Cheryl's babies.  It was a workout in and of itself watching the babies.  I felt like I lifted after carrying the baby girl.  Also with all the moving of chairs and tables all week--I am counting that for weight training this week.  I continued to do my PT 3-4 times this week.

Sunday = Ran 9 miles! My average pace was around 9:37

It was hotter than I suspected and the heat slowed me down at times.  I also ran out of sports drink.  I was guzzling water after I was done.  I did not walk up any of the hills which was all mental for me.  I felt pretty good during most of the run.  I haven't done long runs like this in awhile.  I forget how trying they can be at times.


No comments:

Post a Comment