Sunday, September 23, 2018

Marathon Week #5 and #6

I have run really well with my workouts.  Last week I ran 5 miles on Tuesday, swam about 1300 yards on Wednesday, did intervals (total of 3 miles) on Thursday, weights and stretching on Friday, stationary bike for 40 minutes on Saturday and a long run of 10 miles on Sunday.  The 10 mile run especially went well.  I felt very strong and excited I completed it with little issues.  I also have kept up with my PT.  It is a little weird to not go to any classes.  I have not gone to Ride or Power and I don't really miss either one.  I also have not ridden my bike outside.  Just with everything that went on in August--I needed something quick and easy.

This week there are my times my knee feels achy and hurts.  Stretching and PT always seem to help.  It has not hurt while running.  On Monday I rested.  On Tuesday I ran 4 miles in the early morning.  On Wednesday I swam about 1300 yards again.  Yesterday (Thursday) I ran 4 miles after work.  I am going to try to do one afternoon workout a week.  It was nice to have an extra morning to sleep a little later and then work out in the afternoon.  Today I rode the stationary bike for 35 minutes.

Now it is Saturday and I ran 8 miles in Keizer with an average pace of around 9:40...though at times it was faster.  I ran along the Salem Parkway path and down Cherry.  It was a really good run.  I have been a little freaked out since that person was attacked in Minto Brown Park.  I am trying to be safe!  It does make me a little uneasy at times.  I did not have any IT band pain on the run.  I am really hoping I can keep increasing the mileage.

On Sunday I did weights at the gym.  Pretty normal weights workout

No comments:

Post a Comment