Sunday, September 23, 2018

Week #7

Well it has been a good week.  Life is continuing.  With kind of a crazy end of summer we're moving into a pretty good fall.  I don't have any complaints.

Monday = Rest

Tuesday = Ran 6 miles with an average pace of 9:39

I was so proud I got out by 5 AM and got six miles in.  I got into work at a decent time.

Wednesday = Ran 4 miles (Intervals in the park)

I ran in the afternoon.  I love running one afternoon a week--one less morning I have to get up super early.  I ran a warm up at a slower pace.  Then I did 4 x 2 laps at the park with a one lap recovery in between.  The weather was perfect.  I did not swim because my swim friends are out of town and the lockers rooms and bathrooms are closed.

Thursday = Weights at the gym.  I got there close to 5:15 and got in a workout in.  Again made it to work on time.

Friday = Rest.  I wanted to run or go to the gym.  Thursday evening was kind of rough and I did not sleep very well.  I woke up a little emotional and not feeling the greatest.

Saturday = Stationary Bike for 35 minutes in the afternoon

Sunday = 12 miles!  Yay I made 12 miles!  My average pace was around 9:40--probably slight slower at the end.  It was hard at times.  My stamina was not great.  I was very nervous because I have not run this far since the marathon in 2015.  For the past three years anytime I go over nine miles I have major knee issues.  I end up reducing my mileage.  Actually I have never stuck with a training plan for this long since I did the Minneapolis Marathon in 2015.  I am thrilled my knee is holding up fine.  The PT exercises are making a difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment