Sunday, October 7, 2018

Week #8 and Week #9

I can't keep up with this blog on a regular basis but I am still trying to document my workouts.  I am officially registered for the Seattle Rock and Roll Marathon!!  I am praying I will be able to complete it and my knee will continue to stay strong.  I am reminded of training for CIM because it was a winter marathon as well.  I did my long runs in the late fall.

Here's Week #8

Monday = Rest
Tuesday = Ran 7 miles at an average pace of 9:53.  I did not feel that great during the run.  I realized why.  I went on with a friend Tuesday night.  I had a decreased appetite.  When I got home, I did not feel the greatest.  I went to bed at 9 PM so I would not miss work.  It turned out to be a nasty cold.
Wednesday = Ran intervals at the park--4 miles.  I skipped swimming because my cold was nasty.  I did not want to wake up early.  I did an easy interval run at the park.  Kara came with me and rode her bike.
Thursday = Weights at the gym
Friday = Rest.  I was going to go to Ride but I still felt sick.  I opted to rest.
Saturday = 35 minute stationary bike.  I kept it pretty light and easy because I wanted to do the long run on Sunday.
Sunday = 13 miles!!  Average pace of 9:52.  I honestly felt good most of the run.  I took nutrition along and electrolytes.  I had very little pain.

And Week #9  It's a kick back week.
Monday = Rest.
Tuesday = Ran 5 miles with an average pace of 9:41.  And I saw three deer on Holder!
Wednesday = Swam about 1000 yards...probably a little more
Thursday & Friday = Rest...it is so hard with Rob out of town.  It is so busy and hard to get up in the morning.  I hate missing workouts.  At the same time I can't do everything.  It is a kick back week anyway.
Saturday = I ran the Stride 5k in Riverfront Park.  When I crossed the finish line it was under 24 and I was excited I PRed.  Then they said that the clock was not working right and to add two minutes.  Which was a bummer.  I still was under 26 which is pretty fast.  I have a minor injury on my good leg (my left).  It is between my knee and ankle on the lateral side.  If I had to diagnose it myself I would think it is tendonitis.  I think I got it when I ran Sunday but I felt it the worst on Monday or Tuesday when I wore my boots all day.  I am still running because it honestly does not hurt that bad.  It feels more sore if anything.  I need to keep an eye on it.
Sunday = Ran 5 miles.  My left thigh still hurts but I ran anyway.  It hurt at times during the run but it did not hurt intensely.  The former IT band pain hurt way more.  I need to keep any eye on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment