Monday, August 20, 2018

Marathon Training Week #2

Well it's a new week.  Time to move on.  I was fine until I woke up this morning and started working on the final exam preparation for this Computer Information Course I need to take.  I lost it and felt like my brain was going crazy...on top of everything else.  It took awhile to pull myself together.  I need some normalcy again.  I need some quiet and calm too.  I need to finish this dumb class.

Monday = Swam 1200 yards in the outdoor pool

I am so glad I made it to the pool in the afternoon.  I did not feel the strongest and my arms were tired.  I really needed to work out.  I needed to be in the pool.  I worked pretty hard and got a workout in.

Tuesday = Ran 5 miles with an average pace of around 9:40

It was my last morning running with Tracy before she is gone for several weeks.  It was a good run despite feeling tired at some points.  We maintained a decent pace.  I am kind of worried about my knee hurting again and dealing with the same things I dealt with last fall.  I am also mourning the end of the summer though I am somewhat ready to go back to work.

Wednesday = Rest

This was a really HARD day.  Very challenging in oh so many ways.  It was survival to get through it in one piece.

Thursday = Bush Park Cross Country Race

I did the Bush Park Race with Emily.  My goal was to run the first two miles with her at a slower pace and then break off and pick up the pace making it a tempo run.  We started really fast like--a 8:30 mile.  I felt bad we started out so fast because that was my intention.  I realize I am not great at pacing.  I finished before her but she was right behind me.  We were under twenty seven minutes.  I realized the 5K is hard for me because I don't really feel strong until the third mile...I like the 10K pace much better.  I did enjoy doing it with her and I think I will go to the last one.  Kara ran too and got first in her age group which was awesome.

Friday = Rode the stationary bike for 42 minutes

I rode the stationary bike at the gym on the same level and interval program as last week.  It was a good workout.  It was another hard morning and we almost cancelled the camping trip because of it.  I am glad we didn't because I was able to separate myself from it.

Saturday = Weights at the gym

I had another good workout but I was a little emotionally raw so it was hard to hold it together.  But I managed to get through it.

Sunday = Ran 7 miles

I felt bad because this run took me so much longer than I originally planned.  It took an hour and 18 minutes.  Rob & the kids were waiting for me at the pool.  I wanted to run the Croisan Creek trail and back.  I somehow missed the trail when I started out.  I found it again and got caught up with it.  Then there were these creepy guys on the trail.  They kind of freaked me out.  I got to the end of the trail and I was going to run back but I wanted to avoid the creepy guys.  I knew if I ran along River Road it would take me so much longer.  So I got back on trail and veered right hoping I could hit Browning but the trail went on forever...and then it totally stopped.  So I had to go back to the main trail, run past the creepy guys (which totally freaked me out again) and get off the trail and on the main roads.  I felt better once on the main roads and could run a normal pace.  I lost so much time trying to find those trails and briskly walked most of it.  So my pace was pretty slow.  The good news is I was not harmed by any creepy guys, I completed seven miles, and was feeling more "even" in my moods.  Also my knee has been fine thus far and the PT stretches seem to be helping.  The bad news is it took forever.  Rob was a little worried.  I'm not running on that trail alone anymore.  I thought it would be safe but not the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment