Thursday, June 18, 2015

Sick of running laps

Exercise is hard when the husband is away.  It really doesn't work so well and leaves a big hole in my life.  On Monday & Tuesday I did nothing.  We were going to go to the track Tuesday but the oldest child was so tired after having a friend over.  She actually slept in the afternoon.  The kids were super tired and I still had to make dinner.  On Wednesday I took Derek to soccer camp and the girls came to the gym with me.  I went to Power and it was wonderful to be at Power for the second week in a row.  It really makes a difference when you can go on a routine.  I felt bad because the girl's exercise class was cancelled so they had to hang out in child care.  They are both a little too old for it.  But they had good attitudes about it.  Today we tried to go to the track again and we had girl drama.  The girls didn't want to run at all and complained about being there.  After every lap they asked, "how much longer?" and I about lost it.  Well I did lose it and didn't have a good mom moment.  The thing is I didn't really want to be on track either.  I can only take so much of laps. I had no music (forgot the ipod) and it was getting pretty hot.  I canned the workout and we left.  I talked to the girls what they want out of running...not what I want...and if/when they even want to run.  We came up with a better plan.  I felt good about it.

My eating has been pretty crummy since Rob left.  I have been eating super healthy lunches with fresh stuff...some from my own backyard.  The other meals and snacks have not been the greatest.  But I'm not beating myself up over it.

It really was a hard day.  We had a bad day on Saturday and got better from there.  Today was a set back.   When the youngest child is tired she is so hard to play with and she just picks fights.  There is no better way to describe it but she acts outwardly mean.  It's hard for the other two not get riled up about it.  So we dealt with that pretty much all day in different doses.  She was out cold by 8 PM which makes me realize she can't stay up late (we were up late Wednesday night) and not have some sort of long quiet time in the afternoon the next day.  She needs her sleep.  Kindergarten should be interesting in the fall.

So ready for Rob to come back so I can get into a regular exercise routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment