Saturday, June 20, 2015

Running with people and olympic triathlon

Today was one of those days where I realized how GOOD it is to have someone to run with.  There was no way I would have been motivated enough to get out of bed and run had I not made plans with Tracy.  It's Saturday, we were continuing our garage sale--I would have laid in bed until 8:30 AM.  There's also no way I would have run up the Madrona hill--I would have totally skipped over it.  There's no way I would have tackled 8 close to 9 miles...we do exercise better when we're with people.  It doesn't mean we should never tackle alone, but we do great when we have running or triathlon buddies.  We ran around the Fairview Industrial Drive area which I am not as familiar with.  It was a good run.

My IT  band is acting up.  Now that I learned more about it from my sister and Tracy, I almost positive that is exactly what it is.  It is the most common running injury.  I need to get a foam roller.  My gym has ones you can use but obviously only at the gym.  Because it is a tendon you cannot ice it or put heat on it--that doesn't do any good.  It is all rolling and stretching.

I am strongly considering...well pretty much planning on doing the the Aluminum Man triathlon in September.  I would do the olympic distance--yikes!!  So if I were to follow intense schedule, I would need to do the following next week:  Swim 1000 yards & Bike 15 miles, Swim 1250 yards, Run 25 minutes (that's around 3 miles),  Bike 25 miles, Swim 1750 yards and Run 30 minutes, Run 45 minutes and Bike 35 miles.  All of it sounds doable except for the biking.  I need to figure out a schedule for the next couple weeks!  I have more time in the mornings but not sure if doing each discipline twice a week is possible unless I didn't have a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment