Sunday, June 14, 2015

Post marathon week...

It has been awhile since I posted.  I ran the Minneapolis Marathon on May 31st and rocked it.  I wrote my race report on my other blog.  My time was 4:04:22.  I did not break four hours, but I did PR.  It was awesome to share the experience with family especially my sister.

Coming home post marathon I took the week off.   Which actually was quite necessary because I went into a very busy week with the kid's musical, street hockey, Education meeting, 8th grade graduation, last day of child care, strawberry picking, two church kid's Open Houses, and Rob's Open House.  Not to mention it was in the high 90's here which is atypical for the valley this time of year.  By Sunday night I was ready to crash.  I did not exercise Monday either--gave myself one extra day.

Last week Tuesday I ran just under five miles most of it with Tracy through the Crossler neighborhood.  On Wednesday I swam with both Tracy and Erica.  Josh & Stephanie took the kids most of Wednesday as I took theirs on Tuesday.  So I was able to go to Group Ride at 5:15 PM.  There were about fifteen people in the class!  Never seen in that small.  By the time we got to the cool down I was the ONLY person there doing the cool down...a little awkward but I did not want to leave the instructor in the dust.  On Thursday I went to Power early morning with Tracy.  I have not been to Power in probably six weeks so I kept the weight lower.  I'm not too sore from it.  Rob left for Iowa Thursday late morning.  I took Friday off from exercise.  Yesterday I ran three miles at the track while the kids ran too, practiced long jump, and played in the long jump pit.  I may not get to exercise again until Tuesday which is one of the hardest things for me when Rob is gone.  I may try a video or take the girls to the track on Monday while Derek is at soccer camp.  We will see how the time goes.

My friends invited me to the Lake Stevens Half Ironman in August and I said I would consider it.  Now a bunch of them are dropping out for various reasons.  I think it would be a huge challenge for me to get up to that many miles on the bike by August.  Especially with being gone two weeks in July.  I can swim and run in Penticton but doubt I can bike long distances unless we had room in the van for my bike (which I doubt we do).  Since they dropped out it is less incentive for me to take it on.  Plus I have missed a lot of Sundays this spring with travel.  So I'm looking at an olympic triathlon in the Dalles in September.  It's on a Saturday and I only want to do it if Rob can come and watch me with the kids.  It is a little lonely going solo.  So we will see.  My goal is to start getting my bike out regularly once Rob comes home next week and work up to about 20-30 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment