Sunday, June 28, 2015

Better rest of week and better ride

I had a much better week exercise wise as it went on.  On Wednesday I swam at the River Road club with Tracy, Erica, and Kristen as the Battle Creek pool is shut down all week.  The water is a couple degrees warmer and we were feeling it after a half hour or so.  It was still a good workout and kind of fun to be in a different place.  On Thursday Tracy and I went to Power.  I lifted about the same as last week.  I could probably increase my weight a bit.  On Friday I redeemed my terrible bike ride and had an awesome one.  I took Orange Mango out around 6 AM and biked the Willamette Scenic Bikeway from the River Road Courthouse all the way to Independence and back.  Despite it being a shared road, I felt safe almost the whole time.  The hills are rolling--nothing crazy.  I need to practice drinking water on the bike because I still have to stop.  It was a great ride.  I could maintain a good pace almost the whole time.  On Saturday I took a break and rested.  I took the kids to the pool and swam with them for almost two hours.  It felt incredibly refreshing to be in the water.  It has been so incredibly hot here.  Today I did a short 3 mile run around the neighborhood before church.

I am feeling more confident I can do Aluminum Man at the end of the summer, but I need to keep biking at least twice a week.  After biking on River Road, I think I can handle that better than the city biking.

We're coming on VBS week and typically I have every intention to exercise and I fail.  One thing I am trying to do differently is be able to rest in the afternoons.  I am trying to get all my work done in the morning.  I got so much prep done yesterday I have very little to do today.  I need to use my time wisely.  Getting up early all week with the exception of yesterday helped prepare me for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment