Monday, August 18, 2014

August 18 - 24

Monday - Ran 5 miles

New day.  New week.  Doing better today.  Saw two other wonderful friends today I have not been able to hang out with since earlier in the summer.  So incredibly refreshing to be with them.  More at peace.  Rob & I both had very bad insomnia last night.  We both fell asleep around 11:45 and I slept until around 12:30ish and woke up to Rob tossing and turning.  When he can't sleep he is all over the bed and extremely restless--he felt bad and went to the couch so I could sleep.  But I couldn't sleep.  We should have stayed up and watched movies since we were both so awake.  I finally caved and took a Unisom at 1:30 AM hoping I wouldn't wake up overly groggy.  I didn't fall asleep until after 2:15.  Woke up to the cat meowing--turns out she had no water.  I ended up locking her up in the laundry room around 4:30 AM.  Finally slept uninterrupted until 7 and then slept another hour until 8.  Crappy, crappy night.  Some of it was anxiety--I couldn't get my mind to stop racing.  Some of it might have been I took a longer nap later in the afternoon and that screws up my sleep. Rob is still not all the way better and coughing and congested.  I got it mildly.  I've had a scratchy throat at night and very mild cough. Thankfully I was not too groggy in the morning--I had an extra cup of coffee and that helped.

There was no way I was going to get up and run but I was able to do an evening run at 7:30.  It was hot but not unbearable.  I went through a whole little bottle of Gatorade.  I did five miles.  Good run.  Hopefully good sleep.  I hate Unisom and sleeping pills in general.  Most of the time I sleep wonderfully and have not had the insomnia I struggled with as a kid and then had here and there in high school and college and when we lived in the Fruitport house.

Tuesday - Track Workout at Wendy Kroger Park--intervals and about 3 miles total

We both slept last night.  It was just hard to get up because we were so tired from losing all that sleep the night before. So I didn't run in the early morning.   I was busy all morning with a dentist appointment, swim lessons for the kids, and watching my friend's kids for two hours.  I wanted to take the kids to the track because they need to run too if they are going to race next month.  I knew more than likely the track would be in use with soccer tryouts or football or both.  I kept putting it off.  Rob said he wanted to go to karate and suggested I take the kids running at the park.  The path at Wendy Kroger is 0.17 miles so six laps is a little over a mile.  Derek & Kara ran three laps and Hailey ran six without stopping.  She's doing better.  I modified the track workout from the triathlon club for this week by cutting it in half and then tailoring it to Wendy Kroger's path versus the track.  It worked out really well.  I got a good workout in.  I did 6 lap warm up, 3 laps with 1 lap recovery. 2 laps with 1 lap recovery, 2 x 1 laps with 1 lap recovery, 3 x 1/2 laps with 3 1/2 lap recovery, and then 3 laps cool down which equals just under 4 miles.  Not bad.  The kids ran, rode their bikes around the loop, rode their bikes on the trail, and played on the playground.  It was perfect.

Wednesday - Swam 1 hour

Nice to be back in the pool with the girls.  We were all there.  We did a workout they call "Oreo" where you do steady, fast, steady and then repeat it again with the pull buoy.  I tried to focus on speed with the the fast tracks.  It was really good.

Thursday - Ride

I wanted to go to Centergy in the morning.  I decided I am going to make Centergy more of a priority until after Christmas and try to go to Power Wednesday or Friday afternoons or Saturday mornings instead of Power.  If there are weeks I can't go then--I just won't be able to do Power.  I really wish they weren't offered at the same--it stinks.  This week I can't go to Power on Friday or Saturday because we have too many other things going on and I'm back to doing child care on Fridays.  :(  However during the night the cat was making all kind of ruckus because she somehow got locked in the girls's room so at 2:30 AM she was so loud scratching the door and meowing.  After I figured out what the noise was, I got her out.  Then I was awake for like well over an hour.  So I slept in until 8 instead of getting up.  I hate insomnia.

Our schedule worked out that I could go to Group Ride at 5:30 PM.  I have not been to Ride in months.  I really really enjoyed it.  I know the inside cycling is going to help me so much with the outside.  I really pushed myself and kept my gears high.  I learned about better form with biking and how to keep my shoulders more relaxed.

Friday - Yoga 40 minutes

Since I couldn't make Centergy this week, I opted to do 40 minute yoga video instead.  Wow my legs are so tight--it hurt in some spots.  The flexibility training was good and a great way to start the day.

Saturday - Rest

Sunday - Ran 3 miles

It didn't feel hot out when I started, but it was hot.  Dry cleaners said 86 and Insurance Co said 93.  Probably high 80's.  Felt really thirsty and too warm.  Glad I only did a short run today!

No comments:

Post a Comment