Tuesday, December 3, 2013

12/2 - 12/9

Monday - Rest

One of the kids woke up at 3 AM and I woke up to make sure everything was OK.  It was not a big deal, but my brain was pretty "up" and it took hours to fall back asleep.  When I did, I didn't sleep all that deep. I  woke to two children going to the bathroom at two different times and the paperboy.  I was tired pretty much all day.

Tuesday - Ran 3 miles

I so didn't want to run today.  Just in that zero motivation factor and start up again after a few days off following a race.  It was a harder run even though it was only three miles.  The air is much colder than normal and it's getting even colder the next couple days with possible snow on the valley floor.  After I ran again, I had that nausea feeling again, but it didn't last as long.  I am probably not drinking enough water.

Wednesday - Swam 1 hour

Glad I swam this morning, but it was hard.  My legs felt so tight especially when we did the 100 kick.  The other girls were feeling it too.  We did some speed drills and those are pretty tough.  I was glad I got up and went.  My moods have been pretty even and I've not been dealing with any anxiety or depressed feelings.  Derek & Kara have both been having meltdowns again and we're dealing with some behavior issues.  It's get really frustrating at times and tries my patience.  Rob and I thought of some ideas on how to handle it.  You have to be so creative with discipline--there is no one size fits all.

Thursday - Group Power

Made it to Power.  I hate it how you miss a few weeks and you feel like you're back to square one.  Chest muscles kill.  Ab muscles hurt.  Well at least I worked them.  No push ups so it actually felt more doable.  But some tough lunges and chest presses--I can feel it.

Friday - Stationary Bike 35 minutes

So tired.  I can't believe how tired I was Thursday night.  I didn't want to go to Ride, but I didn't want to sleep to the alarm either.  Friday are very busy days when I have all the child care kids.  It goes so much better when I get some alone time in the morning...even if it's a little bit.  I allowed myself to lay in bed until 5:30.  Then I was able to get a shorter workout and still be back home right before Abby was dropped off.  It was snowing as I left, but a small dusting.  We had no idea it was going to start coming down crazy around 9 AM.  I slid bringing Judah back to school.  School closed at 1 and Rob went to pick up Hailey and drop off Anna.  Daphne's mom had a very difficult time getting home from work and she ended up staying close to 6 PM--about 2 1/2 hours later than normal.  Felt so bad for her mom...probably driving a rear wheel drive van with little experience driving in these conditions.

Saturday - Rest

Originally I was going to get up and go running before I had to be at the bazaar.  But with the snow everywhere that was not going to happen.  I don't mind running in cold or snow, but it's not safe here.  They don't plow roads or sidewalks--you basically slip and slide.  I also woke up with a pounding sinus headache.  I had a dry cough during the night...not as bad as earlier in November...but still not great.  I took Muccinex and Sudafed non drowsy and I felt better by 10 AM.  I went out to the other bazaar in Dallas with no problems.  All the mains road were completely clear as well as all of downtown.  What a crazy weekend!  We have record low temps tonight.  We hardly get below 30, but we're going to be in the teens tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment