Wednesday, November 27, 2013

11/25 - 12/1

Monday - Rest

Tuesday - Rest

Had not planned on taking this day off.  Not motivated.

Wednesday - Ran 2 miles

I am running Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving so I did a short easy 2 mile road in preparation for tomorrow and to figure out what to wear.  Weather tomorrow is supposed to be the same as today...and then rains this weekend.

Thursday - Turkey Trot 5k  24:08 - PR!!

The weather was perfect for the race.  It was pretty cool out in the morning, but manageable.  I wore a long sleeve t-shirt, running tights, knit hat, and gloves and I was fine.  I started out trying to keep up with these fast people near the front, but they took off.  I was able to maintain my pace.  Only two or three women passed me.  By Mile #2 I was starting to feel that nausea feeling I got when I ran Hope for Health.  I didn't have to stop and throw up, but I was pushing myself extremely hard.  I had to back down a little bit and then I felt better.  I was very thrilled to see I beat my personal record by 5 seconds and I placed second in my age category.  Because the race company was having computer glitches, they couldn't figure out the winners.  I didn't know I placed second until a couple hours later on the race website.  I thought I placed and waited forever, but they never fixed it.  So they gave our pies away to random people.  We were told we would get an e-mail with a free pie coupon, but I haven't received it yet.  Oh well.  Nothing I can do about it.

Friday & Saturday

The last couple days we've been enjoying some fabulous much needed family time.  It's been so wonderful.  Rob & I have also been staying up past midnight and sleeping in...and not eating terrible...but not eating great.  I know it's not going to last.  I plan on running Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment