Tuesday, November 19, 2013

11/17 - 11/24

Monday - Rest

Had planned on starting up again, but very overwhelmed.  Not sick anymore thankfully.  But it's an overly busy insane week.  So much going on.  I am feeling a little discouraged too.  Trying to move on.

Tuesday - Ran 3 miles

My dear wonderful friend took Kara all morning even though she had her own stuff going on.  She knew I needed a break.  Love her.  I went running around 9 AM and the rain just beginning to stop.  It was wet and rainy, but not pouring.  It was hard to run.  I haven't worked out in ten days.  I didn't have to stop at all.  I just felt like I was going super slow.  I know I can get back into again.  I am still planning on doing Turkey Trot next week.

Wednesday - Swim 1 hour

It's a week later as I am writing this.  Last week was totally insane in so many ways.  As I had a conversation with someone, God strengthens and molds our character through difficult times.  I totally saw evidence on that last week.  Swimming was really good last week.  Kristin was back and had a bike injury.  We were able to share a lane as she can't do some of the other strokes yet...she's still faster than me on freestyle.  The triathlon club is now posting workouts on the facebook page and advertising the Wednesday morning swim times so I imagine the pool will get busier again.

Thursday - Power

So great to be back at Power, but hate being inconsistent with it.  I can't increase my weight and everything hurts afterwards.  It wasn't too bad this time around.

Friday - Rest

I had planned on going to Ride, but I had a very stressful day ahead (that turned out to be even more stressful than originally planned) and I chose to sleep until 6:30 AM.

Saturday - Ran 5 miles

Beautiful run in the cool late fall air and no rain!  We are currently on a long spell of clear skies and crisp cool air--perfect for running.  It won't last forever so I feel like I need to soak it up while I can.  I really enjoyed this run.  I haven't done a longer run in a few weeks so it was hard at points.  It helped clear my mind.

Sunday - Ran approx. 5.5 miles

Derek had a birthday party at Super Bounce so I thought I would try running the pedestrian path along Salem Parkway.  We have so few good running/bike paths here.  I had never done this one before because it's all the way out in Keizer.  It was great to run on a quiet trail.  I think I will takes the kids to it in the spring to bike.  It's pretty flat as well with a small incline in some places.  Good run overall and again perfect weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment