Tuesday, September 3, 2013

September 2 - 8

Monday - Rest

I did not exercise today.  We had cleaning projects to get done and I wanted to sleep in as much as I was able.  We were gone a good part of the day.

Tuesday - Ran 3 miles

Got out the door by 6:20 AM.  Kind of depressing it's still dark out at 6 now.  :(  It was a really good run though.  And a great day to start the first day of school and first day of having child care kids here.  First day was awesome!  Managed to stay disciplined and had a great time with the kids.

Wednesday - Swam 50 minutes

I set the alarm for the wrong time but managed to get up on my own but fifteen minutes later.  I almost decided to ditch swimming and go to Group Ride which I would be right on time for.  I didn't lay out shoes (only flip flops for the pool) and I didn't want to wake up Rob as I searched for them in the dark.  Plus I really wanted to swim and stay committed to going Wednesday mornings.  I've been pretty consistent since we came home from vacation.  They had already started when I got there and I felt like a dork because there was not an open lane.  Thankfully this Mike guy who comes once in awhile moved over to share with another guy and I got his lane.  The workout was similar to last week--it almost felt like the same workout.  It just felt really nice being in the pool--it was like the right temperature.  I think my stroke is still off at points, but I am really working at it.  I think lessons whenever I can take them again will help.

Thursday - Group Power 1 hour

I increased my weight on pretty much every track but biceps and I loved the challenge.  I felt more motivated and engaged in the workouts.  I did almost all the push ups on my toes.  Good workout!

Friday - Group Ride - 1 hour

I had not to been to Ride in quite awhile.  It was great to be here and the workout was intense...but good.  I might have to be a regular now Friday mornings because my first child care kid gets dropped off at 7 AM on Fridays.

Saturday - Ran 1 1/2 miles

I spent a good part of the day shopping with some friends.  When I got home I had to take Hailey running.  Derek wanted to go too.  Both kids ran 0.6 miles straight without stopping.  We ran to their school and back and only took two short walk breaks.  I was so proud of them both.  I pushed Kara in her pink car.

Sunday - Ran 4.5 miles

I got out before church and ran the Sumpter route.  Really good run--felt great.  The weather was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment