Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Sprint Tri Training Week #7

Monday - Ran 3 miles

Basic 3 mile run on the regular route.  Tried to keep my pace somewhat faster than normal.  Beautiful sunny morning!

Tuesday - Outside Bicyling - 40 minutes

A little bit later start than I hoped.  It was COLD!  Hand were numb by the end of it.  Should have worn gloves.  Did great on the Mildred hills and Idylwood hill.  Did not bike on the road with clips yet...don't feel ready yet.

Wednesday - Masters Swim Class

Made it to early swim.  Trying to work on my form and still feel like I can't increase my speed without my form falling apart.  I really struggle with the easy kickboard--feel like I am not going anywhere.  I have the endurance and I am pushing myself as best as I can.  Am thinking about booking a couple lessons to work on freestyle form and learn breaststroke.  Wish lessons weren't so dang pricey.

Thursday - Rest

I decided before I went to bed NOT to go to Group Power.  My whole right arm, up the shoulder and neck has been sore and hurting.  It helps when Rob massages the muscles and then I can move them again.  I am pretty sure it's from biking.  I tend to tense my shoulders too much.  I was glad I took the day off from exercising because it wasn't hurting as much the next day.

Friday - Triathlon Trial

I biked to the gym and swam 1/4 mile, got back on the bike and went a little less than 14 miles (I couldn't do the full 14 due to time constraints...but if you added what I did going to the gym and after it would equal 14), and then ran 3 miles.  It was very humbling because I realized the triathlon is going to be tough.  I've never done any kind of swim or bike race before.  I just learned to swim this fall.  I biked a lot as a kid, but I have not biked in years until last year.  But I do feel ready.  The running is by far the easiest.  I feel like I am a slow swimmer.  The biking was hard because there were lots of lights and traffic.  I didn't realize there is hardly any bike lane on River Road on one side--I honestly did not feel safe.  It's been so hard to find a good biking route I can measure by distance.  I think I just have to bike to Minto Brown and just measure by time.

The youngest is running a low fever today.  She has all the same symptoms as the little girl I watch who was out sick yesterday.  If it spreads to all of us, it seems quite mild.  There has been so much illness going around school that we've been pretty lucky to avoid most of it.

Saturday - Rest

Sunday - Rollerblading

I started a tradition of doing something outdoors Sunday afternoons versus laying on the couch all afternoon. I don't really need to nap and the older two don't anymore.  The weather has been so fantastic.  I took them to Minto Brown.  They biked part of the trail while I roller bladed behind them.  It was a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment