Sunday, May 19, 2013

Recovery Week #1

I am doing two weeks of recovery before I figure out what I am training for next.  I bought a wet suit in hopes to do an open water triathlon.  It's a little snug.  I am not sure how much opportunity I will get to practice open waters and that will greatly determine if and when I can do another tri this summer.  Here's my game plan for this week...

Monday - Easy 3 mile run
Tuesday - Yoga to DVD
Wednesday - Possible swim
Thursday - Group Ride and possible swim (if I don't get to swim on Wednesday)
Friday - Yoga to DVD
Saturday - Cardio exercise DVD
Sunday - Rest

Rob is tied up with study leave this week and we have our church campout so it's the perfect week to recover.  No hard core workouts.

Monday - Easy Yoga - 20 Minutes & Ran approximately 3 miles

I got up at 6:20 and did beginners (very easy) yoga.  My muscles are SO tight.  It was very good to stretch. My whole right arm from my shoulder to my wrist feels sore at times and other times numb.  I feel like I slept on my neck funny and can't bend it properly, but it's all from biking.  I don't relax my shoulders enough and tense up my arms.  I wish massages weren't so stinking expensive because I know it would help.  I feel all the knots in my shoulder and neck.

Amy watched the younger two kids and I ran around the Woodmansee Park area.  I don't know the mileage in the park, but I did about 3 miles total--maybe slightly less.  I am sore and tight from the triathlon so I didn't push myself too hard.  The weather was perfect for a run!  It worked out great because I picked up Hailey & Amy's daughter and then went back to their house to get Derek & Kara.

Tuesday - Rest

Wednesday - Swam 25 minutes

I did one of the workouts on the swim website I found.  I have been able to do 50 yards in 1 minute 5 seconds.  That's probably my fastest time.  There was a swim instructor swimming next to me.  He gave me some tips on flip turns.  He also said my stroke looked really good.  Nice to get a quick lesson without having to pay for them.  Long day though.  Couldn't go to the gym until around 9 PM (Matt sat in the house while the kids were in bed) and so tired when I got home.

Thursday - Group Ride 50 minutes

Ride was fun!  I really enjoyed it.  I don't normally get to go to the gym mid morning obviously because I have the kids with me and Rob is working.  Christina I swapped kids today.  She had mine from 9 - 11:30 and I had hers from 11:30 - 2.  Worked out perfectly.  I don't know what I would do without my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment