Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sprint Tri Training Week #6

Monday & Tuesday:  Rest

We came home from Canada Sunday and it's taken me a couple days to get back into a routine again.  Rob was sick on the way home.  I woke up the last two mornings with pounding head aches, but thankfully they go away as the day goes on.  Hit with so much the last two days.

Wednesday - Masters Swim - 60 minutes

Can totally tell I have not worked out in a week.  This morning was tough!  My abs hurt.  I felt like I was swimming and not going anywhere.  It was such a struggle to keep up.  We did a faster workout which was fun--but my pace just felt so incredibly slow. I honestly would not have worked myself so hard if I was alone so it was good that I swam with the triathletes.

Thursday - Group Power

Power was good this morning at the beginning.  I increased my weight and was not struggling at all.  Until we got to triceps, biceps, and legs and I was struggling.  I really struggle with triceps.  I remember back in the junior high days when I did a couple session of gymnastics, the teacher said I needed wrist bands for more wrist support.  My wrists have always been weak.  I was really glad to be there and getting up early again after a short break.

I did not do any cardio afterwards and the main reason being I had to bake a bunch of stuff for MOPS this morning.  There was no absolutely no time to do it yesterday at all...yesterday was really full and running from one thing to the next.  So I was able to start baking before the kids woke up.

Friday - Group Ride

This morning kind of stunk.  Last night I decided to try and ride with clips and I was able to figure it out with some practice.  I decided to try and ride with clips at Group Ride.  I spent time before the workout trying to clip in and I couldn't do it.  I felt like a complete idiot.  The guy next to me was trying to give me pointers, but I couldn't get it.  I tried to bike in clips with my feet in the stirrups.  Which didn't feel comfortable or very safe.  I tried to clip in during the spin track and again couldn't do it and guy on the bike next to me was giving me pointers again.  So frustrating.  I really just wanted to leave because I couldn't do the workout at my full potential anyway...and I felt so frustrated that I couldn't clip in.  After the workout the instructor asked me I was having shoe problems.  She checked my shoes and said I had different clips for what is used on the bikes.  So that's why I couldn't clip in...but I felt like I wasted a workout.  Oh well...

I did practice riding in clips again in the parking lot in the morning while Kara played on the church playground.

Saturday - Light cycling

I was at a conference in Eugene Friday night and Saturday morning.  I didn't want to get home and take off and go to the gym especially because we were gone last week.  So I practiced riding in clips in the parking lot while the kids biked too.  I roller bladed for a little while pushing Kara in her car.

Sunday - Ran 2 miles and light cycling

I took Hailey & Derek to the South Salem track.  Hailey & I ran a mile at her pace.  Then I ran a mile at own pace.  Then I practiced riding in clips again in the parking lot when we got home.  Looking forward to a regular week next week and getting some good workouts in.

No comments:

Post a Comment