Monday, April 8, 2013

Sprint Tri Training Week #4

Monday - Track Workout (approximately 8 miles total)

I got up and ran with the track runners.  Who run like 6 minute miles and are so crazy fast.  I modified the workout at little bit.  I did the 2 mile warm up.  They did 3 x 1600 with a 400 recovery in between.  I did 3 x 1200.  They did 3 x 1000 and I did 2 x 800 and 1 x 1000 with 400's in between.  I did the full mile cool down.  I can run with them in the warm ups, cool downs, and recoveries.  I cannot keep up with them on the intervals.  I could a minute to a minute and a half pace behind them.  They don't really care and they are really nice.  They even said it is so good I get out there and join them.  It is stinking early in the morning.  Most of the people are die hard triathletes and Boston marathon bound runners.  So it is very motivating and an honor to train with them.  I love to listen to them talk about running, racing, and triathlons during the recoveries and cool downs--it's fun

Tuesday - Rest

Wednesday - Master Swim (1 hour)

Oh man--this week is so stinking busy.  I really just want to crawl into bed and wake up and have it be Thursday.  I can't believe how much I accomplished today...and yet how I still feel like I am trying to get to the end of the day.  I'm leading a kid's running club twice a week and the kids are ages 3-7.  It's been a learning experience and pretty fun.  That means every single afternoon is either swimming or running with the exception of the Friday & the weekend.  Every morning is full as well.  Although I think I am skipping MOPS tomorrow because I really just need a break.  Rob has evening meetings nearly every single night. I'm quite surprised the house is clean.  I must be doing something right in the time management department.  But once May hits, swimming is on hiatus, running club is done, MOPS is practically over, it's Holly's turn to teach preschool--looking forward to the break.  So I've been doing totally awesome at getting my workouts in first thing...because there is no other time to do it. No other time at all.

I swam with the triathletes this morning.  I can't remember our whole workout.  I did about 3/4 of it.  I think it was 1 x 300 warm up, 1 x 100 pull, 1 x 100 kick, then we did a bunch of intervals of 200's that seemed to last forever and then a cool down.  It was really good to get in the pool and just swim for an hour.  The people are really fun and don't care that I can't keep up with them fully.  I modify the workout a little bit so I don't hold them back.  I shared a lane with someone so that was good practice for the tri.

Thursday - Group Power & Stationary Bike - 37 minutes

It is getting much easier to get up early.  I am waking naturally and feel "awake" when I get up.  Power was really good.  It is more fun now and less painful.  I rode the bike on the interval track.  Glad today is a little bit of a lighter load.  Rob and I both fell asleep in front of the TV last night and it wasn't even 10 PM yet.

Friday - Brick Workout - Outside Bike 3 miles, Swimming 25 minutes (approx. 850 yards), Outside Bike 5 miles

I felt so scatter brained.  I got later than I had hoped.  Had to respond to some e-mails and it was taking much longer than I anticipated.  I got on my bike and then when I was on Commercial just before the gym I felt this drag.  I was worried something was wrong with the brakes, gear shift, or another flat tire.  I get paranoid about bike mechanics.  Turns out it was only the string on my backpack hitting the wheel.  It took me forever to get the bike padlock undone.  I finally get in the gym to the pool. I always take a short shower before I get into the pool.  All the showers were open except for one.  I turned on the water and this lady came up to me and said, "Oh are you just rinsing off?"  I said, "No, I'm just rinsing in.  I'll be done a minute." She said, "OK" and stood right in front of my shower.  I guess that is HER shower and the only one she uses.  Never mind there's like nine others that are open.

  My swim workout was 1 x 50 warm up, 3 x 200 freestyle (gradually gaining speed and then slowing down), 1 x 100 back, and then 1 x 100 cool down.  Then I go into the locker room (and it's so busy Friday mid morning because it is back to back water aerobics).  It is pretty cold out so I am not going to bike back in my suit.  It takes forever to change.  Then my phone goes off and I think it is a text from Rob (he was at the grocery store with the kids).  You can't use your phone in the locker room so I go outside of it.  Then I realize I left my water bottle somewhere.  I check the locker and the pool area (where you're not supposed to walk in with street shoes on but I was and got a funny look).  Finally I see it hanging on the hook by the showers.  I go upstairs and check my phone.  It was my dad texting not Rob.  Mess with the padlock and it doesn't take as long this time.  If I would have been in a real triathlon I would have lost because the transition took forever.  :)

I did the enjoy bike ride home.  I detoured through the Rees Hill and Sumpter neighborhood and it was really nice. The hills are so much easier.  I feel way more confident.  I would rather bike outside than on the stationary bikes at the gym.

Saturday - Ran 45 minutes

Hailey and I went to the library.  Then I dropped her off at Rock 'n Rogers and she was going to spend the night at a friend's house.  I drove back downtown and ran around Riverfront Park and Wallace Marine Park.  Never run at Wallace before.  Lots of cool trails along the river.  It was a nice run and it started raining when I got to the van.  Perfect timing.

Sunday - Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment