Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sprint Tri Training Week #3

Monday - Rest

No good excuse for not running.  General laziness.

Tuesday - Run 3 miles

So nice that it is light out by around 6:15 AM.  Ran my regular 3 mile route and was nice to be outside.  It's sunny and warm the next two days.

Wednesday - Swam 55 minutes

Did not get the memo no one from the triathlon club was going to show up!  I know a few said they wouldn't be there this week, but didn't expect the whole crew to be gone.  I think some might have gone to the open water swim yesterday, but I am nowhere being close to swimming in the Willamette River and I don't own a wetsuit anyway.  I did my own workout which was fine--and kind of nice to go at my own pace.  But I did miss the people.  My workout was:  Warm up 1 x 100, kickboard 1 x 100, freestyle 15 x 50, kickboard 1 x 100, back stroke 1 x 100, cool down 1 x 100.  I felt like it was a great workout.  I was pretty spent by the end of it.  It took me about 55 minutes.  I think I am going to switch the 15 x 50's to maybe 10 x 100's if I had to do a solo workout again.

This is going to be the last nice day of the week (lots of rain coming in) so I think my biking will have to be indoors this week.

Thursday - Group Power & Bike 40 minutes

Power was good.  I must have worked pretty hard because my chest muscles, triceps, and shoulders hurt.  I was really bored with the stationary bike...but that's good...because that means I'd rather bike outside.  Before I was too nervous about biking outside.  Good workout overall.

Friday - Brick Workout:  Swam 1000 yards (about 40 minutes) Treadmill Run - 4.68 miles (40 minutes run at 9 minute mile pace & 5 minutes walk)

I dropped off Hailey at school and went to the gym.  My swim workout was:  Warm up 1 x 50, Pull buoy 1 x 100, Kickboard 1 x 100, Freestyle 6 x 100, Pull buoy 1 x 100, Cool down 1 x 50.  I did 15 second breaks in between the Freestyle intervals.  It took me about 40 minutes total (maybe more like 35).  Really enjoy swimming.

I ran on the treadmill next to this girl who was going really fast.  I felt a little competitive keeping my speed faster than hers.  :)  I did the rolling hills level #2 (normally I do level #1).  I kept my speed at about 9 minute miles average.  I ran really hard.  It was a good workout.

Saturday - Outside Biking 45 minutes

I left around 1 PM and it was partly cloudy with light rain.  It was only like a 20% chance of rain so I thought I would be OK.  I biked to the Battlecreek neighborhood.  On my way back as I was biking by Pringle School I got caught in a massive downpour.  It lightened up a bit until I got on Sunnyside by Winco and then it was raining even harder.  I was literally dripping and cold.  Running in the rain is hard.  Biking is even worse.  At least I got an outside ride in.  I hadn't planned on getting one in at all.

Sunday - Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment